Friday, May 29, 2009

Satisfied

I'm really happy with how our yard is coming along this year. I finally feel like things are getting to where I want them. I'm going to try and get out tomorrow to buy two blueberry bushes and some coreopsis for our front planter. Thanks Lisa!




Herbs, artichokes, chard, kale, brussel sprouts, garlic, leeks, green beans, tomatoes and basil.


Strawberries, apples, corn, squash, sweet peas and soon: blueberries and potatoes.


Eggs!
We're planning on painting the hen house this summer.

These girls have been puttin' out one each almost every day.


Some cute help is a nice addition.

8 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Will you paint the hen house to match your home or will it be in "Firehouse Farm" colors?

Your vegetable garden boxes are beautiful. Their orderliness makes me want to come and measure them just for the sheer joy of orderly things!

Michelle said...

I love your raised vegetable gardens! Are you using the Square Foot Gardening method?

Suzy said...

That's my DREAM. To have a fruit/veggie/herb garden (that stays alive) and chickens.

One day...

Martha said...

Oh Man! I wanted some raised beds like those this year! Your yard looks so tidy and happy! I very much enjoyed the tour despite the fact that I was hoping for baby X news :)

Jodi said...

Your yard looks so great! I can't believe how much you already have growing in your beds. Will you please post pictures of your coreopsis when it's blooming?

Cutzi said...

Rebecca - I think we'll paint it to match the house. Which will be a different color as we're going to try and paint the house this summer too.

Michelle - I'm not purposely using the Square Foot Gardening method but I could be by mistake. Some of the best things I do happen by mistake. ;-)

Jodi - I definitely will... if I can just find the one I want. I went to a nursery today and I swear they had 5 different kinds of coreopsis but not the one I want - which is the one that Lisa has in her pictures.

Thanks for the compliments guys. You know this blog and facebook are the only thing keeping me occupied until Xochi comes... I don't seem to have enough coherent brain power to do much of anything else.

Julie said...

Wishing you a safe and amazing journey tomorrow! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

Crystal said...

Your garden is beautiful! Good work. Have a great trip down tomorrow!!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.