This morning, at about 6:30 am (not an unusual time for Steele to wake up) Steele woke me up saying he had wet his bed. Now, he's been night trained for months and months and has had maybe 3 accidents since then. But anyway, Steele has a hard time waking up in general - but when he wakes up from wetting his bed he has a really hard time. It's almost like he's not fully awake or something. He was crying, so I told him to shut his bedroom door so as not to wake up Adia and I set off to get him a new pair of pajamas - which we now keep in our basement next to the washer and dryer.
Of course though, not unusual for Steele, he proceeded to cry and wail as I went downstairs and by the time I got him changed and in bed with me, Adia had woken up. She doesn't usually wake up until about 7:30 (truth be told - I had sort of wanted her to wake up early this morning since her afternoon naps have been a little late... but anyway...). So Steele and I go in to get Adia and I begin stripping Steele's bed.
Adia asks what we're doing and I tell her that I'm taking Steele's blankets off because he wet his bed to which she responds, "I wet my bed too Mama." In my head (and actually, I think it even came out of my mouth) I said, "No you didn't, you have a diaper on." And then I look at her and she is grabbing her jammies and saying she's all wet. As I pick her up, I instantly realize my mistake. You see, it was the same mistake Justin made last week. I had forgotten to put a diaper on her to sleep. I guess the answer to the question I've been wondering about is clear after 2 nights of sleeping in a pee-soaked bed. No, she will not wake up at night if she pees her pants.
So two full loads of laundry and two full changes of clothing before 7:15 and my morning is off with a bang! Before even one full cup of coffee! (which I'm back on by the way) Ah man, I totally laugh at myself sometimes. The funny thing is that I seriously looked at her last night with her jammies on and thought to myself.... I cannot forget to put a diaper on her....


5 comments:
On Saturday, Mercy (who is 3), looked at me and said "You didn't give Josiah any lunch, Mommy".
Oops.
The full explanation, and there IS one, is boring and not really worth me telling the whole story. (He actually did eat but we did forget to give him lunch). I just thought I'd share my most recent parenting mistake, too. :)
Cute story. And now you know the answer to that question!
Ha ha. I have 2 kids that "sleep-pee." Our three year-old daughter stood up on her chair, bent her backside over the edge, and peed all over the floor. In her sleep.
Our 6 year-old son cruises around the house while he sleeps, leans up against something or other, and pees.
I really hope they outgrow this!!!
Thanks for the comment - I'm always so self-concious of pictures! Plus, usually I'm the one with the camera. :)
I had a dream last night that Xochi was born... maybe it's close!
LOL! Been there, done that.
Post a Comment