Anyway, I'll quit being so vague. Way back in February Martz gave me a call and said she was flying from Minnesota all the way to Seattle to do some work for her super cool job and was going to have some extra time. She wanted to know if Michelle, Lisa and I might be able to meet her and hang out. Um..... let me think about it a minute..... YAH! You see, Martz was my very first commenter that I didn't know in real life. I just about freaked out the first time she left a comment. Close behind her, becoming one of my most faithful and supportive commenters, came Michelle. Michelle is married to Kris who is Martha's huband Zuddy's sister's birth son. Did you catch that? Michelle married to Kris. Kris has a birth mother. Kris' birth mother is Zuddy's sister. Zuddy is married to Martha. AND, Kris and Michelle live in Seattle. And Lisa, well Lisa is just an all around great, creative super-decorator-lady - always up for a good laugh and a few oysters.
So I drove down to Seattle and picked up Michelle. Michelle and I went and poked around a yarn store for a while - feeding our shared knitting addiction. We also stopped and got cupcakes here. I'm glad I saved it for after dinner because otherwise I might have died on the spot from it's deliciousness and then I never would have gotten to meet Martha. Then we went and picked up Martha and went to Elliot's for dinner. And I kid you not - we talked and laughed hysterically for like an hour and half before we even ordered one thing!! It was an absolute riot. Then we ate oysters and salmon and a really great salad and I just about cried when I had to say goodbye. Unfortunately Lisa couldn't make it this time around, but we'll catch ya next time around Lees!
Here's one final tidbit of information. You can't see the whole thing in this picture - but I had an adorable tunic/dress thing on, if I do say so myself. Last month I tried washing it (in cold water even) and it was totally ruined! I thought about saving it to make something for Adia but I was too distraught so I just threw it away. Wahhhhh!!!


4 comments:
That night was so much fun! It felt like we'd all been friends our whole lives. We'll have to do it again and drag Lisa along.
That was an adorable tunic--so sad that it's ruined.
drag me...I insist!! INSIST!!
You three are sooo cute..
Where the heck is MArtha these days, anyway? I miss the fartster..
whats the baby news Cutz??
What a fun time! And it's never too late to blog about things like this! Just call them 'flash back' posts and do it anyway. :)
ARGH! I look like the tiredest girl EVER!
But I had so much fun with you girls!! Can't wait 'til I come again. Next time I'm bringing Sarah and the Noodle, though :)
Post a Comment