Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Funny

I wish that I could somehow capture or write down all the adorable things Steele and Adia say and do all day long. They bring me such joy. Most recently though, here are some more notable moments.

1. Sometimes I let Steele and Adia stay up and watch a little bit of Dancing With the Stars. During the show and throughout the day Adia will turn to me, eyes wide and say with her best announcer voice, "Carrie Nada Nada!"

2. One of Adia's favorite things to do is to creep around, knees bent, hands in front of her and say in the sweetest little high-pitched voice, "I'm gonna sneak you mama. I'm gonna sneak you." I'm going to try and get a video of this one.

3. This morning as the kids were eating breakfast and we were talking about Baby Xochi and birth mothers I said to Steele, "You're going to be the biggest kid in our family." And Steele said, "Yah, I'm the biggest and you and Dee Dee are small. You're tiny Mama. You're this big!" (Holding his fingers about an inch apart in front of him) Then Adia piped in, holding her fingers together in front of her, "You're tiny Mama!"

Awwww... just what a mama needs to hear from time to time.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I would love to see a video of Adia "sneaking" you. You should get them on video telling you how tiny you are to have as an affirmation.

aimee said...

So cute! Love to read your posts...especially love the joy you have about being a mom. Can't wait for the new addition...she is lucky to have a mom like you.

Stacy said...

Ha! The Carrie Nada Nada thing cracks me up! :) I'm always wondering what her name actually is, because it sounds like about four words "Carrie Ann and Arbor" or something everytime he announces it.

As for the tiny thing, I'm pretty sure my children have only ever commented on my "You're so big"-ness. So the tiny comment is definitely one to treasure!

Julie said...

Mine barely talks and she cracks us up all of the time - I can't even imagine what it will be like in a year or two!

I am excited to get a new Photoshop and some actions to go with it! I have 7.0 right now and I just don't have the time/ambition to spend the time I'd need to really get the hang of it. I just subscribed to the "premium" version of Picnik and I think that it will keep me busy for a while...

Jodi said...

Ha ha!!! Carrie Nada Nada cracked me up too. They all cracked me up. What sweeties. :)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.