First of all, though, I have to say that I didn't get a lot of great pictures from Christmas since our camera is kind of on the fritz. It's a hand-me-down from Justin's sister that replaced the one Steele dropped on the floor and broke by accident. Neither were very good BUT, we got a nice money gift from Justin's parents so we'll be buying a new camera very soon (which I will then add to my list of favorite gifts received). You can't very well have two cute kids and a crummy camera now can you? We're considering these two cameras. I'd love any opinions you can offer. I'm leaning toward the Sony mainly because the reviews I've read on the Canon say that the flash takes a long time which, as those of you with children know, you cannot be sitting there forever with your children smiling away waiting for the flash to prepare. It just doesn't work.
Anyway, back to the presents. I gave some really good gifts this year, including a tank from Downeast for my mom and gift certificates to a cool book store and cafe that I'm sure she'll use quickly as she is a very avid reader. I also got my grandma this book
I got her the North American one last year. She likes them (I think) - she loves birds and they're really cool books. They include hundreds of pictures of birds and you can hear each of their individual songs. If you haven't seen them you should definitely take a look. Steele also loves them when we go over to her house to visit.I got my little brother and sister these books. My sister, especially, is eating hers up.

Sorry - you can't actually "search inside."But the best gift I/We gave was this gift for Steele.
I took him to Pottery Barn Kids before Christmas to see if he would actually play with it. He loves any kind of machine and we were constantly stepping over our vacuum at home since he had it out of the closet all day long playing with it. He LOVED it! And after we left the store I was pushing him along in the stroller and every time somebody would pass us in the mall he would say, "I was vacuumin'"..... "I was vacuumin" It was pretty funny. Here's a picture that he very graciously let me take of him this morning as he was watching VeggieTales. Notice the fake smile.
but couldn't resist turning his head to watch his show.
I received some very nice gifts as well. Honorable mention will go to these two.

I'm a big Dr. Oz fan and this completed my set. I've been enjoying reading it. His books are easy to read and are chock full of good information. You should definitely go on Amazon right now and buy them.
I also got some Lucky jeans from Justin which I picked out myself a couple months ago. I was good and didn't wear them until Christmas. But I have been enjoying them since Christmas morning when I opened them up.
But the prize for BEST GIFT RECEIVED 2007 goes to these babies....
Aren't they cute?! My mom got them for me and she was so nervous I wouldn't like them. But I LOVED them! Who wouldn't? Ok, well, my little 19 year old Russian gal that teaches for me gave me a raised eyebrow... but she wears spiked heeled boots that put holes in my fir floors so her opinion doesn't count.... But don't you LOVE them!? I've worn them a ton already - even with a cute brown skirt. Have I mentioned that I LOVE them?
So there they are, my favorite gifts of 2007. Oh wait, these ones are pretty special too...
Especially the nose-picking version

This one stands up all by herself!
With cute new jeans that her aunt picked out for her.


This one stands up all by herself!
With cute new jeans that her aunt picked out for her.


9 comments:
Fun post! I want that staying young book. Does it tell you how to go through life free of wrinkles? I have wrinkles in my face. That was NEVER supposed to happen.
My two favorite pictures here are Adia's super big toothy grin, and Mister Steele Samuel's double-fingered nose pick.
Love the boots too. Good job Mom. And my Canon has a really slow flash too.
Man, I love it when you post pictures of your kids. I sure love them (the kids AND the pics).
And I have been thinking I need to get some cute boots too! But which ones will I actually wear? You should pick them out for me. Basically, you could be my personal shopper since you did such a good job with the baby.
I want a picture of you in your boots.
Get to it.
:)
Little Miss Adia has the yummiest looking cheeks! Steele's double whammy nose pick is pretty priceless too. What a fun Christmas. It sounds like you had a great time.
I am so glad you liked the boots -I thought they were a little "out there", so I knew you'd probably like them (and I haven't seen anyone around here with a pair - so you're "one of a kind").
My favorite gift was the Fairhaven Books/Colophon certificate you gave to me. I can't wait to go spend an afternoon! I also loved my bongos!
Thanks! Your "drumming" Mama
PS Next year I'm getting tattoos to go with my new drummer image. I'll look really special next to my cute Grandkids!
Great post Cutzi. The kids are getting so big!! WOW!!
And I love the books you got for you sis and bro. My sister bought Kota the 'Dangerous book for boys' for his birthday in August and he carries it with him anywhere. He loves it. It's got some really great stuff inside.......and I know that Montana's only 4 but I've been throwing around getting her the girls book already just so she has it later..........LOL.........
Glad you had a good Christmas.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Nate totally wanted to get those books for our kids LOL (i think actually more for himself...hehehe)
Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas!
Your kids are SO CUTE! :)
So....when are we all going to get together?
I can offer you my myriad opinions about cameras: I LOVE cameras.
I want to get that 'daring' book for my girls. I'm thinking costco?
when does adia turn one? any walking yet?
Post a Comment