Tonight as I was praying with Steele and Adia before bedtime I finished up by praying for the next little Jobes baby, whomever that may be.
Lord, we pray for the next little baby that you will bring to our family. Please watch over him or her. Keep them safe and healthy. We pray for their birth mother - that you would help her to make wise choices and that you would lead her in the right path.
And just as I was about to say "In Jesus name we pray. Amen" Steele, with his little head bowed and his hands clasped tight, piped up.
And a boy.
Yes, Lord. Steele would like a boy. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
I then decided to question Steele a little further about his prayer. This is, after all, the second time he has offered, without solicitation, the fact that he would like a boy.
So you would like a boy baby, huh Steele?
Yah.
How about you Adia? Would you like a boy baby too?
These days Adia repeats and agrees with everything Steele says, so she answered with an emphatic. Uh-huh. Wide eyed with a head nod.
Then Steele again.
Two boys. Holding up two fingers.
Oh, TWO boys?
Yah.
And what would you like to name these boys?
Lewis and Allan.
Allrighty. I'll keep that in mind, Steele.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Wow. He's even got their names chosen! That's impressive!
~Stacy
I don't know...Lewis and Allan sound like a comedy team. You might have your hands full with those two.
And Adia better learn how to wrestle 'cause she'll be outnumbered.
Ha haaaaa!!
How cute is that??
xoxox,
martha
Steele has it alllll planned out! LOL
Praying for twin boys for ya! Sweet Steelio.
If we want to know how we should feel about children, we just need ask our kids!
Little ones do have a special connection with the world...
prime example, right around her birthday, Rhylee got a play phone and I overheard her carrying on an adorable conversation about how great it will be for this person to come live with us... after she said her goodbye's I asked her "so who ya talkin'to?" and without pause she said "my sisters", and I said "but you don't have any sisters" and with a big grin she quipped matter of factly "not yet."
This conversations took place about 3 months prior to finding out we were having twins... and she "talked" to her sisters everyday on her play phone until they were born...
Coincidence?
Tye - Great story. We have a similar one. Before Cutzi and Justin got the news about Steele, Cutzi's little sister Abbey had been praying diligently, every day, that they would "get a baby". The prayers went something like this: "Pleeeeez Jesus, give Cutzi and Justin a baby. Pleeeeeez! You know they would be good parents." Then one day at dinner time her prayers took a dramatic turn. She simply stated, "Thank you Lord for the baby you're giving to Cutzi and Justin." My husband and I turned to look at her, but she couldn't explain how she knew this.
We later found out that it was probably at the same time that Steele's birth mother had decided to place Steele for adoption.
I see it as evidence of the Holy Spirit at work, reminding us about how much we are loved, and that He hears all of our requests.
That's so adorable! Steele cracks me up!
Just discovered your blog... glad I did. Thanks for your realisim + humor + redemption.
Blessings,
Annie
Post a Comment