
For one, I just love the feel of this book. It feels good to hold it and smell it and flip through the pages. I know, I'm a weirdo. I read about it on a blog somewhere and couldn't resist buying it when I saw it for 20% off at a grocery store the other day. (Tip: You can get it on cooks.com for $19.99)
So far, I've made two recipes out of it:
Plain white bread - which I again failed at. Not for lack of a good recipe. I don't know if I've shared with you my years-long battle with trying to bake bread - but I cannot for the life of me get it right. I am good at many things. Yes, read good - I actually pride myself in being able to do a lot of things o.k. - not great. I have a little bit of knowledge about a lot of things. I kind of like it that way. I sew a bit. I knit a bit. I would say I am a fairly good cook. My house is adequately decorated. I bake delicious pies, crisps, you name it. I made to-die-for applesauce the other day (ok, apple sauce is no fail, but still... I made it) But I CANNOT BAKE BREAD. I'm getting better. I generally do not have enough motivation to stick with things very long (which is why I'm only good, not great, at things) but I'm stickin' with this bread thing. I'm convinced it'd be better for my family if I could just get it right. But anyway, this is turning out to be a longer post than I ever intended.
Spaghettti Bolognese - we're not big into Italian food around here. Not that we dislike Italian food, it's just not our favorites and we're not really into pasta that much. But I happened to have all the ingredients on hand for this and it sounded yummy. So I made it, and it was. Yummy, that is.
I'll keep you posted on any further recipes from it.
One of my Jazzercise ladies also passed this cookbook on to me:

She had bought it to use with her granddaughters but it turns out they were way pickier than she ever could have imagined. So she gave it to me. I've been a little intrigued by it with all the controversy surrounding it. Kate also mentioned it a while back and I thought it would be good to give it a try. I haven't made anything from it yet but I scanned all the recipes and they look delish.
What I've been listening to:
and loving.
Priscilla Ahn
I'm pretty sure Amy told me about hearing her on someone's blog so I decided to buy the album. Love it. The first song on the album, Dream, is my new life theme song.
What I've Been Watching:
DWTS
Ugly Betty
Biggest Loser (a bit)
Grey's Anatomy
I'm having a hard time feeling really excited about DWTS this season. I'm trying to remember if this is how I feel at the beginning of every new seaon....
I'm loving and hating Grey's all at the same time. I may have to start turning it off pretty soon.... we'll see.
Anyone watching Survivor? How's it goin?
What I've Been Making: Place mats out of some cute oilcloth I bought at the Greenhouse. Sorry, I'm too lazy right now to take pictures.
What We're Up To This Week:
Justin's been off for a week and doesn't go back to work again until Friday. He's been busy doing some crafting of his own and selling quite of few of his creations. More on that later.
Besides the usual, here's a glimpse of what our week looks like.
Monday: One Day Sale at Jazzercise. I'll probably be there most of the day tomorrow. I really, really, really need it to be at least semi-successful.
Tuesday: Story time at the library. The usual highlight of our week.
Thursday: Day 11 of a 10-14 day chicken pox incubation period. Hopefully we'll know by then if we've got it. Also, another chiropractor appointment. I'm seriously beginning to think he is a miracle worker. He pretty much rocks.
Saturday: Dinner with Justin's firehouse crew at the Melting Pot - a sort of celebration/farewell for Justin's lieutenant since he just got promoted. I'm in a bit of a quandary over what to wear. Any ideas? I need help here people.
I feel like I have so much to catch up on - but this post has been sitting as a draft for several days now. I better just hit publish and be done with it.


8 comments:
Well. That was a little more than what you've been reading.
1) I do want to hear about any new recipes/meals/foods you make that you like.
2) I'm now very interested to download that song and hear your new life theme song.
3) When you stop being lazy I'd like to see your oilcloth.
4) Have you been to the Melting Pot before? Don't ask me what you should wear. I'm so out of touch with fashion that I went to Nordstrom the other day, told the girl I needed to go to a wedding, and then bought exactly what she gave me. No questions asked.
Anyhoo, I enjoyed this post.
Loves and kisses,
Jodi
"I lived my life, lived well. I've many stories lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now. To fly..."
I love that line. I love the thought of being old and ready to meet my Lord. And it is a bit reminicant of the old hymn "I'll fly away." Meaning death is just flying to the side of our Lord. I do not, however, think that this is what Pricilla had in mind when she wrote this song but art is up to the interpreter, right?
That is So cool you get to go to the melting pot. I would be jealous if I didn't have my own yummy plans in the near future (ask me about it). Wear your orange wedges.
I think we have to be done with Greys.
I hope you one-day-sale goes great!
I love library days too. My favorite. I hope your sale at Jazzercize goes well, and that your pox show up soon :)
Oh and you have been Tagged ;)
my faves out of DD.
french toast with pumpkin
tortilla roll ups
chicken nuggets
and there are a few more, I'll get back to you.
good luck on the pox.
Imagine my delight with I logged in and found not just one but two new posts from Cutzi! YAY for me!
Have to agree with DWTS, I'm having a hard time getting into this one. Maybe because I'm not really interested in any of the stars except maybe Cloris. She's a kick. As for Grey's...I like everything else, just can't get with that one part. I wish they would just move on already. We all know it's not going to last so why keep bringing it up all the time. Maybe next episode will be something like "Uh, that was really wrong and we just need to be regular friends". We can hope, right?
I feel you on reading cookbooks like novels. I check out so many from my library during the holidays that the ladies at the checkout think that all I do is bake! Little do they know...
I never thought I could be a successful bread baker, but I am head-over-heels for Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. You mix up enough dough for 2-4 loaves, let it rise for 40 minutes, then you can throw your dough container in the refrigerator and use it over the next two weeks to have fresh-baked bread within about 40 minutes. The basic white boule recipe can be found here, and I've tweaked it a lot using whole wheat and white whole wheat flour. It also makes awesome pizza crust straight out of the fridge. I've found that my bread turns out best when I weigh my ingredients--and it makes the process and clean-up so much faster! Shoot me an email if you want the bread recipe I've been using.
Hi! I am watching Survivor. It's pretty good.
The folks are hungrier this year than in years before.
The teams are extremely unbalanced.
But I like it.
I tivo ugly betty. Love Betty and Gio.
I have just stopped watching Greys.
Last week was the final straw.
Nice to meet you and talk about tv with you :o)
Post a Comment