Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Get Along, Little Dogies

Tonight, instead of watching the debate, Justin and I decided it would be better use of our time to take the kids to see Hank Cramer sing at the library. He sang cowboy songs (which, he explained, are different than country songs) until my heart melted. Steele watched in awe as Hank belted out heart warming songs about the work of the strong men of our history. Strong men, the likes of which, settled this beautiful land we live in.

As I sat there I couldn't help but think to myself, "I wonder who the cowboys are voting for?".........



*If you're a Washingtonian - Hank is playing at most of the libraries around the state this fall. His schedule is on his web site. Definitely an enjoyable evening.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

an extended answer to your question, "I wonder who the cowboys are voting for?"
Excerpts from a story that originally appeared in the May14,1973, issue of U.S.News & World Report:
"I remained in solitary confinement from that time on for more than two years. I was not allowed to see or talk to or communicate with any of my fellow prisoners. I had read a lot of history. I spent days on end going back over those history books in my mind, figuring out where this country or that country went wrong, what the U.S. should do in the area of foreign affairs. I thought a lot about the meaning of life".
And…
"I went back to him three nights later. He asked again, "Do you want to go home?" I told him "No." He wanted to know why, and I told him the reason. I said that Alvarez [first American captured] should go first, then enlisted men and that kind of stuff".
And…
"I was finding that prayer helped. It wasn't a question of asking for superhuman strength or for God to strike the North Vietnamese dead. It was asking for moral and physical courage, for guidance and wisdom to do the right thing. I asked for comfort when I was in pain, and sometimes I received relief. I was sustained in many times of trial".

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.