In 1999, Justin and I met at my high school's homecoming football game. It was the first one I had been back to since I graduated in 1994. Justin was working with the youth group at the local baptist church and had a friend who was a young life leader at my high school. You know how YL leaders are - they're always hanging out with "their kids." So this guy, Adam, invited Justin to go along with him. And since I knew Adam was going to hang out with "his kids" I went too. Justin and I met that night and 11 months later we got married.
So every year, we head back to the 'ol football game to reminisce, drink some hot chocolate, eat some popcorn, feel the drums of the band through our bleacher seats and glory in the comments from my old teachers about how I don't look any different than when I was in high school. Ok, so that only happened this year. And it was only one teacher. But it was momentous. Thank you Mr. Wark. My geometry teacher. You'll see his blue and white umbrella in one of the following videos.
We had a great time this year. The kids loved it. I thought the band did a great job. We didn't stay for the whole game but in the end, our team won. They haven't lost a game on the home field since 2003. Not too shabby. We're also the home of Jake Locker - Husky football's QB. Look at me - listin' off the stats like we're big football fans or something. We're not - the extent of our sports watching at home is the Tour de France.
I hesitated to post the last video. We do, after all, have some adoption home studies coming up. You never know what kind of dirt they'll try and scrape up. After watching it for the first time, the thought honestly crossed my mind, "People actually choose to give their babies to us?" We're crazies I tell ya. All of us. Crazies.
Indulge me here - I get a kick out of posting videos for some reason.
I've titled them to further enhance your viewing experience.
Skinny Jeans
I've titled them to further enhance your viewing experience.
Skinny Jeans
Eagle Pride Inside
Old School
We Like Roundabouts
Justin had no idea I was filming until after the fact.
I have no excuse for my own behavior.


11 comments:
I find Justin's laugh to be so so contagious. I can't hear it and not start to chuckle a bit to myself:) your kids are obviously quite cute too! That laugh of Justin's gets me every time though.
Lara
Oh Cutzi, I was head-bobbin' through the entire Roundabout video. Precious. Here is to teaching our kids the old-school moves. Bright likes to raise the roof from his carseat :)
Regarding the last video, I can't think of a better example to show someone for why they should give you a baby. You're loving life, and that's a pretty awesome trait in a family!
Cutzi,
That last video had us all gathered around the computer smiling and laughing. You guys are so much fun! :)
~Stacy
You guys are so fun. I just love your kids.
I'm sure glad you decided to go to that football game nine years ago!
So are those hamburger buns that Adia is gripping to her chest?
They're totally hamburger buns! From McDonald's no less! Ha ha! I'm totally surprised you were the first to say anything.
So now it's out... steel cut oats, glass bottled low temp pasteurized milk, agave nectar, lentils, home-made re-fried beans, organic applesauce... and occasionally? McDonald's hamburgers.
okay, I thought they were donuts!!!
Those videos are so darn cute..SAY WH-hat..
Lisa
How fun!!! I actually had to watch the first 3 videos a couple of times to see if you got my kid in there. I love that you make car time so fun for your kids. Heck, you make ME wanna give you my kids!!! Wanna 14 year old? hehehe
Oh my gosh!
Cutz, I'm loving your videos!
I want to go on a road trip with your family :)
xoxox,
martha
OK. So I totally forgot to watch these video's. When I saw they were there I couldn't watch them and then I forgot about them!
Seriously, listening to some of my most favorite people laugh for a minute an a half... it doesn't get any better! LOVE IT!
Post a Comment