Thursday, October 9, 2008

Quiche Anyone?

Egg Check. Egg Check. Test 1. 2.



Double Dog Dare


Egg Check. Egg Check. Check Egg. Test. Test.


Chicken Bluff.



After this one I found another one!
TWO in ONE day!
I was screaming and jumping around like I was Charlie with the golden ticket.

12 comments:

amy said...

Fantastic! I am so happy for you!

Stacy said...

WOO HOO!

(So what was up with your original chickens? were they old?)

Where'd you get these new ones? Pretty buff-colored one.

~Stacy
ps- a neighbor of ours told us that the way they introduce new chickens to their flock is to creep in at night and set them up on the roost. apparently that way they sort of assume they were always there in the morning. it's worked for them. (in case you want to try it and keep your original birds.)

Stacy said...

oh.

i also wanted to say:

nice coop! :)

that's some skilled craftmanship, there!

Anonymous said...

Woot! 2 in one day??? What's the s"coop" with the new chickens???

ilse said...

I want to know the scoop with the new chickens too - i feel bad for the old chickens. If you ever want to get rid of your chickens, my brother and sister in law live in the county and raise chickens - i'm sure they'd take them. They get more eggs than they know what to do with.

Leslie said...

Can we have a chicken dinner some day (and not tell Abbey)?

Anonymous said...

Wow. My heart was racing with each egg search. It is intense stuff. Kind of a big emotional rollercoaster waiting for the ladies to get to laying. Congratulations!

-Helen

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm so happy the chickens are starting to lay eggs! Watching Justin chase those chickens down was a riot!

Anonymous said...

i seriously feel honored that you gave me one of the eggs....i'll eat it very slowly and think of you and all the effort you've put in to get it while i eat it!!!!!! congrats to you. I'm excited for you all. your chickens actually work this time!!

Kristen said...

um, so excited about the eggs, but CUTE hair! so sporty :)

Jodee said...

You're great Cutzi! You crack me up with your taunting Justin about catching the chicken. Hahaha...funny stuff!

Martha said...

Yay! Eggies!!!

Do you think there's a chance the "old girls" will lay now?

xoxox,
martha

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.