Monday, September 22, 2008

Watching Dancing With the Stars...

Is it just me or does it seem like more than a couple of the professionals have gained some weight? Not that I'm necessarily one to speak, I'm just sayin'...

I also have to say, that as a thick legged girl myself, I'm happy to see some fellow thick leggers this season and not all of those stick people. Man, it really sounds like I'm putting myself down tonight. I'm not - I'm just a realist. A realist with thick legs. It's true. But as my grandma would say (quite frequently and because I inherited my thick legs from her - she's still trying to convince herself), "You should be happy you even have legs." I am, Grandma, I am. I'm very thankful for my legs.



Oh wait, sorry. Those last ones are my grandma's.

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LOLOL! THICK LEGS RULE!

As a fellow, thick legger, I was like: wait? Is she posting pics of me? And I was all looking over my shoulder. So, I recorded DWTS, but haven't watched it yet. I was too busy writing a personal ad on my blog for friend.

I will have to check out the thick legged contestant and I will let you know what I think. :-D

Liz Harrell said...

You and I could be related. I got mine from dear old dad.... I like to refer to them as my 'trees.' :)

Liz Harrell said...

Ps.... I think your legs are lovely! Matt says skinny legs freak guys out.

Anonymous said...

""You should be happy you even have legs." I am, Grandma, I am. I'm very thankful for my legs."

...I just have to say that being married to an amputee, those sentences take on a whole new meaning. I actually think about how grateful I am to have legs every single day. ;)

Michelle said...

Ha! I'm a thick-legged girl, too, and I love, love, love that you zoomed in on all your photos! Thick-legged girls unite!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm a thick legger too. Always have been... always will be. Not long ago, I reminded my brother that he said to me once... You look good for thick girl. I was heading on a date... nice. I also let him know it's been messing with my mind for years!! LOL

I agree thick legger unite!!
Trina

Anonymous said...

Woot! A fellow thick legger! Meee toooo! And I really have thick knees (From my Polish grandma!) Great post Cutzi!

Jodi said...

Ha ha! Your grandma is seriously hilarious.

Cutzi said...

Notice Jodi didn't say a word about thick legs....

So do you all think it's a Polish thing?? Because I am SO Polish. A quarter. ;-)

Liz - I'm going to use your husband's line. Every day. When I look at myself in the mirror.

Elizabeth - So??? Several thick leggers on DWTS, huh? I love it!

Martha said...

I'm sorry ladies.

You've all got NOTHIN' on me.

You're all amateurs. AMATEURS, I tell ya!

Rach said...

I think you have cute legs Cutzi! By the way they have a Buffalo Exchange in Bellingham!

Leslie said...

Just don't participate in the following kind of conversation:

"My...you have a beautiful leg!"

"Thank you!"

"Mind if I pull the other one?"


(okay, I agree, you're mother is weird)

Leslie said...

correction: YOUR mother, not you're mother.

(and I teach writing?)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.