So here it is, my final fair post. I had a couple more swimming around in my brain but hey - the fair was weeks ago. The rest of the world is on to new things and I'm still stuck at the fair. And the fair is summer and I'm totally into fall. Bring on the fall.
The fair Part III: (is that even right?)
Remember how I told you that I am totally not cool-carnival-ride mom? Allow me to illustrate...
Now, I get sick just watching Steele go back and forth on a swing - I'm not even joking. Let's not get into why on earth I thought that promising Steele I would go on the Spinning Dragon with him sounded like "fun" - but I did. I claim temporary insanity. It mighta been the poffertjes. (I just found that web site - I'll be going there next) Anyway, back to the Spinning Dragon. So I ask Abbey and Gabe what they think would be a good ride for all for of us to go on (Justin was at work) and they suggest the Spinning Dragon. Ok. We wait in line and then go to get on the ride and all the dragons already had people in them so we ask the guy if we can go on the next turn and he agrees. We wait again. Get on. Just about set to go and along comes Danny. Sweet little Danny who asks if she can ride with us. Clearly not thinking, I agree. As we sit there and wait for the ride to begin I start to make small talk. "Hi! How are you? What's your name. I'm Cutzi. This is Steele." yada yada. And then suddenly, "Soooo.... Danny? Do you like to spin?....." And that's when I see it. She has one glass eye (I'm not even joking) which is suddenly staring at me piercingly. Out of her mouth it comes - her once sweet personae vanishes as her exorcist voice screeches out at me... "Yaaaah!!!" Dear Lord, help me.
The ride begins and we go spinning and spinning, around and around. Carnival light swirling by. I'm trying to focus on objects outside the dragon to avoid the rapidly rising nausea. Danny is devlishly spinning the wheel over and over and over again. Every once in a while I glance at Abbey and Gabe as if to say, "Help me!" They're staring at me with looks of concern and question. Looks of, "Please don't puke on us!" Finally, when it seems it will never end I say (in the sweetest, calmest voice I can muster), "Why don't we stop spinning for a little bit?" It lasts for a moment until Danny's exorcist voice emerges again, even wilder now, "SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!" And the only thing out of my mouth? A burst of howling, nervous laughter. The kids are staring at me wide eyed. And then, finally.... it stopped. And Gabe asks me as we're getting off.... "Why did you laugh like that?" I don't know Gabe, I don't know.
I mostly just posted this pic 'cause I look cute and stylish in it.
Those are few and far between - scroll down this post for another one.

Look how happy we all appear.

Uh oh. How could we have known of the impending doom?

Naively making small talk.

"I will carry out my evil plan to spin dragons across the whole world!"

It's all over.
"Somebody get me offa this thing."

This is what I think about your freaking spinning dragon, Danny.

Those are few and far between - scroll down this post for another one.
Look how happy we all appear.
Uh oh. How could we have known of the impending doom?
Naively making small talk.
"I will carry out my evil plan to spin dragons across the whole world!"
It's all over.
"Somebody get me offa this thing."
This is what I think about your freaking spinning dragon, Danny.


3 comments:
Ha! Mark did that ride with the kids last year. NOT this year. I teased him that he really should... but he was like, "Absolutely not." :)
~Stacy
Um...that was funny.
That really was a super cute picture of you on Mike and Amy's blog.
evil dragon... EVIL!!! Once but never twice. Bad,bad dragon.
Trina
Post a Comment