Also, something else you probably don't know. I'm back on Weight Watchers. Blech, blech, blech and double blech. I'm not even joking you - this is like the 5th time. The first time I lost 20 lbs. Then I went back up 10 and have stayed there forever. But I don't want to be back up there so I joined with my new next door neighbor who is tiny but has gained 10 lbs in the last year since she got married - freaked her out a little bit. Here's the problem - I'm just so hungry all the time!! And I refuse to eat fake food. In fact, I felt so angry when I went to the first meeting and I looked around at all the sincerely overweight people and thought about the fact that they probably got where they are by eating fake food and here they were learning how to replace their old fake food with new, low point fake food. I wanted to invite them all to Jazzercise. In all honesty, I'm pretty much paying them to weigh me every week. It keeps me accountable and balances all the yummy *real* treats I like to eat. It also keeps me from eating too much of all the *real* food I like to eat. I'm all about keepin' it real. But, I lost 6 lbs the first week so I felt good even though part of me sometimes wonders if it's worth it. I told myself I would be happy with 2 - and I would have been - but I was stoked with 6. Here's to another 2 this week. I can't believe how much will power I've had. It's totally unlike me but I get a little compulsive about it sometimes. Like now, it's like 9:45 and I'm going to go work out 'cause I need a few extra points. But really, that's not a bad way to live necessarily. Ok.... I'm rambling..
I feel like I should add some pictures. Here are some. They really have nothing to do with anything I just wrote about.
Us.



12 comments:
I had a nose ring too. for 7 years. I took it out just after I had eloise. actually it fell out and I couldn't find the replacement. But I think I still have a hole there.
I agree about WW. I lost 35 lbs after Lily and I'm back up 7. I just don't want to eat fake food either. It was a breeze for me when I was nursing b/c I got an extra 10 points. I've been desperately trying to get back on it, but it's hard when you want to eat food that actually had fat and some sugar in it. Post a good recipe when you find one. I'd love to know. good luck!
cute family
I had a nose ring, but I had to take it out for my senior nursing school clinicals. Guess what--once you're a nurse, nobody cares. My husband has been nudging me to get it pierced again lately.
I'm totally with you on the fake food issue in Weight Watchers. But like you said, if you're eating real food, then you have to work out more to get the points, which isn't a bad thing. If nothing else, it gets people thinking about what your body needs vs. what you want.
Look at you, all cute in that turquoise jacket! Very good color on you. And I definitely appreciate the skill involved in a clear 70 MPH photo. That's not just skills, that's skillz.
Jace did WW a couple years ago and I remember how many "foods" and recipes they would recommend that had artificial sweeteners. Like every single dessert recipe is loaded with sugar free ingredients.
Truth be told, I'm counting WW points right now to try and ditch the last 10 lbs of my baby weight, and I've totally committed to the exact same thing...NO artificial ingredients!
But on to more important matters...when did you get that super cute Nike coat? And where?
I can't believe how similar we are. I too have a nose ring and wear it for the same reasons!
AND I double can't believe that you love this house. EVERY single time we drive past it I try to convince Josh to move it to Wenatchee...I thought I was the only one who even noticed it. We must be soulmates :)
We are going to have to share the house! I have loved it since the first time I saw it sitting by itself in that old boat graveyard. I wouldn't want to live that close to the freeway though:)
wow, nose ring - sounds painful!! cute photos of the fam!
I want a nose ring so bad. My kids say I'm too old. How pathetic. I am in a rebellious stage of my life cuz since they said NO to the nose ring...I had my cartledge pierced. With my son, Wyatt (age 19), nonetheless. It's been done for about 2 months and still hurts to sleep on that side. Shoulda done the nose.
I want you to check out this website I'm on called "Spark People". I love it. It is a bit time consuming but has helped me drop a few extra lbs. cuz on the accountability, teams and nutrition articles.
xoxoChristine
i KNOW that house. i have ALSO coveted it.
~stacy
Girlfriend!!!
Get your man and a few of his firemen buddies- a fire truck and just GO GIT THAT HOUSE!!!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Lisa
coastal nest
whats up with that, anyway???
I'm sorry but that house is already spoken for....BY ME!!! I used to only live minutes from there and it STILL drives me crazy that I don't own it yet! I WANT! Don't worry, I'll be sure to have you and the family over for dinner once we move in!
Love ya,
Gretch
Dude.
I totally want that house!!!!!!
And a nose ring.
And to lose 6 pounds a week.
And I love the photos of you and the family.
Amen.
martha
I sooooooooo want that house too! did you notice that it is only the top story of the house? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that house... Every time I drive by I think about stopping in for a closer look :D
I love your blog, sooo much fun to read!
Post a Comment