On some side notes:
1. I finally found a color for my kitchen and I am so excited about it. Once the process (which is too depressing to start into tonight) is over it is going to look awesome!! I will give you a little preview though.
2. I'm having personnel problems yet again. It never ends I tell ya.
3. I had a revelation this week about blogging. It's this: As long as you present a near perfect image of yourself - an image where you don't express any of your possibly controversial opinions or reveal any flaw in your character, people like you. Otherwise, they bash you. It's true! Why did I just now realize that? And why was I even thinking about it so much?
4. Sometimes Steele is a little rascal. And sometimes he kisses me on my hand (or on my leg, or my shoulder, or my head...) and tells me, "I'm sorry I disobeyed you yesterday, mama." Or... "You did a good job painting that, mama." Or.. "Thank you for giving me chicken nuggets for lunch, mama."
5. I love that Adia calls nectarines neckaneens.
6. I also love that Steele asked Justin if he was going to sleep on the fire engine tonight. And after that he asked one right after the other, without missing a beat:
- What station are you at tonight, Papa?
- Are the meggics (medics) there?
- Is the fire engine there?
- Is the ladder truck there?
- Is the chiefs car there?
- Are you driving the fire engine?
- Are you driving the aid car?
- Are you driving the chief's car?
- When you come home can we work outside? If it's raining we can put on our coats.
8. We're going to a fancy wedding this weekend. We're bringing my mom and sister and brother down to watch the kids. Then my mom and I are taking all the kids to the zoo on Sunday. Should be a fun weekend.
9. Do you guys read Pioneer Woman? I know, everyone does - so I hear. But if you don't, you should. She pretty much rocks.
10. I feel like I should think of a 10th thing - just to even it out.... but I can't think of anything. I need to go to bed now.


5 comments:
I loved number 6. How cute. Little kid questions crack me up and iften leave me feeling speechless as I don't have an answer.
By the way I really would like to say that I work really hard for my calfs, but, well they are a combination of my moms high calfs with my dads bulky muscles stuffed in. I am actually afraid to do calf exercises as I don't want them to get any bigger, but I do run a lot.
And I am back to the blogging world. I wasn't blogging, but I was sure keeping up with your blog. What a joy to read.
Ooh, I love that blue! That will be such a soothing color in the kitchen. And I absolutely love that the shade is called "Vintage Map".
Well, I can't fix your van.
I hope you have fun this weekend.
I'm glad you've found a good kitchen color. Now pass it on to me!
I've never read Pioneer Woman... maybe I will now.
Steele cracks me up a lot.
Work... well, yeah.
Trina :-)
love this post. Wish I could go to the zoo with you...been wanting to all summer...ALSO, can I just say I sooo understand the reality of people bashing you if they disagree with you online? I say this one hour after my husband decided to respond to everyone from a mass email sent to me and about 50 other chrisian moms in town about his and (the author's) political views...already had two emails asking for us to never contact them again...fun times
Would anyone really do that in REAL life?
Steele is too funny.
Love the kitchen color.
Vehicles are overrated.
Pioneer Woman rocks.
I like short sentences.
hehe.
Sarah
Post a Comment