Before I do that though - can I just say that today was the hottest day ever!! Now, temperature-wise it really wasn't the hottest day ever - that just mighta been the day of Steele's first birthday party - it was seriously like 100 degrees or something that day. But today was hot. As I was sitting at the Washington Child Identification booth - trying not to dwell too much on what I was doing - I literally had buckets of sweat dripping down my face. I sat there the whole time thinking to myself, "What am I doing here? I live freakin' 2 blocks away and I am still here!! In this miserable heat! I should just go home.. and I'm not!!" I did eventually go home though. And then I went back.
Anyway... on to the livestock.
Here's us in the poultry barn just after I put my name on the list to buy chickens. Don't I look happy?
Alright. Time out. Sorry to give you a teaser but it is SOOO stinkin' hot in this house. I have a whole slough of pictures to show you but I just cannot bear to sit here with this warm computer on my lap any longer. I'd love to tell you that I'll be back tomorrow but I think they're saying it might be even hotter. Maybe Sunday? Do you think it would be bad if I blogged while on church nursery duty? Hm. Maybe not such a good idea. Don't worry though - I won't leave you hanging for too long.
Please send cold wishes my way.


7 comments:
I hear you cutzi - it is supposed to be even hotter today - yuck!
Cute picture of the fam! When do you get your chickens? I'm so excited to hear all about it!
Like gee wiz. I've been waiting all week for fair pictures. can't wait to see tons more! xoxo christine
Whoa Nelly... it must be hottt out there! Can wait for more pictures! DO you not have air ??
I for one AM waiting on pins and needles to hear about the fair! Livestock?! Come on Cutz! Don't leave me in such suspense!
You look super cute BTW. Can you take me shopping and help me pick out some cute clothes?
Cutzi, I am also praying for cooler weather...Getting ice from the freezer has never been so enjoyable. It's the only cool place in the house. Not only is it hottttt and muggy but we had a two hour thunder and lightning storm directly over our heads between 2am and 4am last night complete with a screaming child. I tried to tell him about how we can be excited and not afraid when we hear those loud sounds because it is our God who makes them. But he wasn't so excited. He, our loudest child, was screaming. At 3am. Maybe I'm not such a good explainer at the 3 in the morning.
I don't know how you all do it without air conditioning!!! Its 106outside today in Wenatchee...but a cool 75 in the office... my kids aren't allowed to go outside.
Post a Comment