Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanks Mormons!

While there are many things I may disagree about with the mormons - their knack for designing modest, stylish clothing can't be disputed. And since my favorite clothing store of all time closed down (Janeville - the "mom" store of Janie and Jack) I am loving the clothes over at Downeast Basics.

I just bought this (in navy):

Won't it look so cute with a pair of brown boots?
Or over a pair of jeans with high heels?


I also have this:

Even though I think it's adorable - I can't help but think
that my arms do look a bit sausage-like with the elastic on the sleeves.
Thank you What-Not-To-Wear ladies for that image.

This is also on it's way:


I'm a little bummed about this one 'cause I really wanted it
in black but I waited too long and they only had grey left. Oh well.
You win some...


And the cute top you see in this picture is also from there:


My friend Jodi wore it for her daughter's one year old
polka dot themed birthday party. Cute huh?
That's my friend Andrew that I've known since elementary school.
I knew him from the "gifted" program we were in together.
Now? He's a cheerleading coach. Bet you could never guess that one...

(Hahaha! I just read back over this - you know what I do? Teach aerobics! So gifted)


I also own several of their camis which I love and wear under everything. They come up high so I can wear them under things that are cleavage prone. They also keep me especially cozy and warm in this Northwest winter weather.

I am loving internet shopping this Christmas and am going to buy some things for my sisters-in-law from Downeast. Happy shopping!






8 comments:

Stacy said...

Okay. You sold me.

Just placed an order.

~Stacy

Jodi said...

Amen to Christmas shopping online!!! I completed over half of my shopping yesterday sitting in my comfy desk chair wearing my pajamas. I love it.

Let me know if you like the Sweet Pea top. I think it's so cute on that girl but I'm just a little hesitant about buying it for myself.

I was planning on placing another order before Christmas (just for myself, of course) to get two more endurance tanks, and a few more camis. Thank you Mormons, indeed!

Jodi said...

BTW, that polka dot shirt looks SO much cuter on you than it does on me.

Cutzi said...

oooooooo - what did you buy?

Penny said...

Darling clothes you chose there! I especially like the long sleeve top.

amy said...

Super cute clothes! I love 'em. Even cuter on you I am sure!

kate said...

I love that shirt...I also LOVED janeville. I need to order the longsleeved shirt...so fab...okay, need to get shopping

ilse said...

those clothes are super cute - and I was just lamenting this morning about how i don't have any tops to wear - uh oh, i'm in trouble now :)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.