Monday, December 3, 2007

Finally! 7 Things!

This one's for Martha. Even though I would much rather be taking a nap right now...

The truth is, I have been procrastinating on this just a little bit. For some reason I had it in my mind that I needed to find the absolute most important seven things about myself to tell. After all, I may never get another chance. I got over that one.

1. Yes, Cutzi is my real name. It is a native Mexican name (Purepecha) and means "moon".

2. I was raised mostly by my mother in a mostly Polish family even though I am half Mexican. I haven't seen my real father since I was three and in the last several years have met several brothers and sisters from him. I grew up an only child, turns out I'm one of probably 10.

3. Speaking of siblings - I have a younger brother and sister from my mother. She got re-married when I was 18 and had Abbey (10) and Gabe (8). They're Aunt Abbey and Uncle Gabe to my kids and they're the best aunt and uncle around. In case you're wondering - 21 years between Abbey and I.

4. My major in college was Spanish, minor in Communication even though I'm still two or 3 quarters away from my BA. Phooey on that little slip of paper. I don't want anyone writing me and telling me I should finish. I'll get it if I need it.

5. I played the viola for 17 years and also sing. I haven't really picked up my viola since college though. Except for when they asked me to play in a quartet at church a couple years ago. I sat down and embarrassingly confessed to the impeccably dressed older woman beside me that I hadn't played for years. It was then that she shared with me that she plays for the Seattle Symphony. Nice.

6. Both of my children came from other womens' uteri. Justin and I have been married for 7 years and after 5 years of nothing really happening in the conception area, and knowing that we wanted to adopt, we decided to go ahead and pursue it. Both situations were miraculous, as are all children. Maybe some day I'll share about them.

7. Oh no! This is my last one! I have so many more things I want to share about myself! All this talking about me - I love it. Hmmmm.... Well, probably the most encompassing thing about me is that I am so, so sinful. The older I get, the more I am reminded of it. I say and do things all the time that I absolutely regret. I am often prideful, selfish, self-absorbed, uncaring, thoughtless, rude... and the list goes on. Fortunately, this sinfulness has allowed me to realize my greatest need - that of forgiveness and the hope to be different through knowing the love of the God that created me and saved me from all my sinfulness. Yes, I go to church. Yes, I go to Bible Study. Yes, I try to live a moral life. But far more important than doing those things is that every time I mess up (which will be until the day I die) there is a merciful, forgiving God waiting there to change the ugly things in me and give me the hope of heaven. I don't know where I would be without that peace.

3 comments:

amy said...

Whew! I passed the test of friendship and I actually knew these things! Especially the last one (JUST KIDDING!).
I love you my dear friend and I love learning more and more details about you all the time!

Martha said...

Yay Cutzi!!!!!

I love your 7 things!

xoxo,
martha

Stacy said...

Wow. I so did not know that about the viola. Huh.

You're fun. I liked reading these things about you!

~Stacy

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.