Thursday, October 21, 2010

Supportive as Spanx!

Thanx!

You guys are always so sweet when I put up my silly fashion posts. I love it.

Lest you think I am always mindful of the latest trends, I'll let you in on a little secret. Tonight, when we showed up for the banquet, the neighbor who invited us actually did a double-take! "I didn't recognize you!" she exclaimed.

"And why would that be? Because all you ever see me in are my sweats and pajama pants?"

Um.. yah. It's true folks. There are many, many days when that is my daily uniform. Sure, I get dressed to go to library time or to church. Most of the time I look better when I'm on my way to Jazzercise than I do on days when I stay home all day with my kids. And my bedroom is always a mess. And now you know the truth about me.

But here's how this whole get-up turned out.

I drove down to our local boutique - they usually carry some unique jewelry and hair accessories. I couldn't find anything. But while I was there I was inspired - so I asked if they had any fake feathers. Negative. "But," said the saleslady, "you might try the sports shop downtown." So I did. I walked in and said, "Hi! Do you have any fake feathers?" The young man working there answered, "Like for tying flies?"

"Yah, or for making hair accessories."

And he did! (We won't mention the fact that I later found out he assumed I was making a Halloween costume... ahem)

So for $1.39 for feathers (they were even real!), $3.99 for a 3-pack of headbands, a few vintage buttons I got from my MIL last time we visited and a little glue, I ended up with this:



And since Justin was in bed by the time I got home from dropping off the babysitter (our first ever!), all you get is this dorky picture of me standing in the kitchen taken with the self timer.


No seams were ripped during the wearing of this dress.
Phew!!

5 comments:

Ali Workentin said...

Love your feather hair pin...it is darling.

Thanks for sharing your blog.

Jodi said...

You are so cute and creative! Love your style, Cutz. :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Cutzi,

I would never in a million years have thought of that. You're like a '20s flapper... in cowboy boots!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Cutzi- it looked great!! Way to pull an outfit that is totally original and you in no time:-)

Wish the colors came through on the photo of your dress with feather head ornament better so we could see the true diva!

Leslee

Kristen said...

I LOVE this! I think I need cowboy boots...this is just perfection. Can you be my new fashionista guru?

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.