I have to get a crown prep done today. I'm trying to find something to be thankful for. Like, I'm thankful I haven dental insurance? Yes. I am indeed thankful for that. I am still dreading the appointment though. I didn't have even one filling until I was 19. It's been a little downhill from there. And, I will confess here for all of you, that I have a little bit of dental phobia. Sort of. But not completely. I'm not scared of the actual dental work or of pain. I just tend to get claustrophobic with that rubber dam on and the anesthesia always gives me chills. So I will bring a blanket and ask them to cut a little hole in the dam so I can breathe. I can't stand to listen to music or wear those sunglasses they offer you - it only magnifies the claustrophobia. My jaw tends to get really sore too. If I remember to take ibuprofen before I go it seems to help. They're also going to give me the gas... I've never had it before. Anyone out there with any experience with it?
I think I need to cut down on my blog reading. I am longing to knit a big, cozy sweater for fall and sew up a couple of dresses for the girls with corduroy I've had stashed away for years. I get so much inspiration from the ones I read but it's time to take that inspiration and DO something!
My children are playing nicely together this morning. Except, just as I was typing that I heard Adia screaming "NO! Stop that, I said!" from the bedroom. I love it when they play nicely together.
Along those lines... Steele seems to struggle with empathy and compassion. We're working on it but it's a hard one to work on, you know. You can't exactly muster it up in your child. Does it tend to be a boy thing? Any thoughts?
We sold the pink couch. I only felt a little bit sad. It just smelled too bad - you guys were right. Me, of all people, should have known that it would not be good for my health. I just didn't realize it until it was in my house and stinking up the whole living room. The good news is that Justin made $100 off of it. He bought the set (couch and chair) for $50 and sold them for $150. Saweet! So the living room went back to the way it was with a turn of a bookshelf which I really wanted. The dining room will be turned into a family room/office. I'm cautiously looking for a couch. "Cautiously" after a conversation my neighbor and I had about bed bugs and lice. Ew.
Speaking of knitting, I've been able to finish a couple of things lately. The only thing worth showing is this cute little baby sweater for my friend Amber's new baby, Bella.
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in color 849? (can't remember the color)
This is my favorite yarn lately - great colorways, nice quality, versatile, inexpensive
Needles: As written
A couple of you wondered about Xochi. I think she had chicken pox. I hope she had chicken pox. She only had 6 or 7 spots. A friend brought her kids over to expose them. I'm hoping they get it so we can know for sure.
What do you think?


9 comments:
Definitely the pox to the chicken.
Good luck at the dentist! Bella's sweater is gorgeous - I remember seeing it in progress at Amber's shower. Nice work!
Good Luck at the dentist. I have a huge phobia of dentists (even though ours is a really nice guy). It's strange really - I've only ever had 2 fillings in my life...!
Reese just got a case of red bumps too. Not chicken pox. She had about 8-10 of them. Apparently they were bites of some kind. However, when I picked Kyler up from Daycare yesterday, they informed me that "hand, foot and mouth" is going around. Starts with a fever (both of my kids have had) and then these bumps appear. I'm not sure if that's what they have/had, but it's going around, maybe Xochi has it??
You can go to bedbugregistry.com and see all of the places in your area with reports of bed bugs. It makes me all itchy just thinking about it. It has definitely taken some enthusiasm out of used furniture shopping for me. Some pieces are easier to check than others, so do some research on what to look for, and you can still bring home well-inspected bargains.
Cutzi,
That sweater is heavenly! Definitely my happy color!
Sorry the couch didn't work out, but good decision. Especially with the hundred bucks!
And yes, be thankful you have dental insurance. Lots of us don't. *ugh*
Julie
I'm so sorry about all your dental drama. That really sucks. Wish I was closer so I could bring you those mashed potatoes.
I like these kinds of blog posts too. Maybe this is how I should blog as well. I have absolutely NO inspiration for blog posts these days. None.
That sweater is amazing. I can't believe you made that.
Oh yes, and compassion/empathy is difficult for my boy as well. I bought the book "Calm and Compassionate Children" by Susan Usha Dermond. It's a secular book, but I bought it because she has lots of good practical ideas. It also has a good list of read-alouds that model compassion and strong morals.
Love that baby sweater pattern, I've made several. I'd love to know if you find a good adult pattern. I've been longing to start a sweater too and can't decide on a pattern!
PS - did I miss something - is there a new little one coming???
I fear the dentist. And I hate the rubber dam. Last time I was at my (spectacularly awesome) dentist's office, they had something newer... the "Iso-lite"... which replaces the rubber dam. It combines a light, suction, blocks debris from going where it shouldn't, and also props your mouth open just the right degree... all in one device you just bite down on during the procedure. I liked it... you know, as much as you can like anything at the dentist. It ranks up there (pretty close anyway) with nitrous.
Post a Comment