...to be exact.
So remember that crown appointment I went in for? Yah. Turned into an extraction. I won't go into all the gory details, especially since I'm feeling much better today and the threat of dry socket (which I've been paranoid about) has pretty much passed. But man, that little dental procedure laid me out for a few days. I used to work at a dentist's office and I remember one of the dentists there telling me once that people forget that dental work is a surgical procedure. And an extraction? Well - remove any other part of your body and see how you feel. All I felt like doing was laying around on the couch for a few days while watching Netflix movies. Fortunately, Justin was home the few days following and could take care of the chillin's. I told him I was fine as long as I only had to take care of myself. Trying to take care of or manage anyone else put me over the edge. Like the bawling my eyes out edge. But like I said, I won't go into that. It's Monday, a new week and I've schooled my children and done 4 or 5 loads of laundry already today. Hooray!
A couple of things I have learned since having my tooth pulled:
1. When you cannot eat anything else and you send your husband to the store for mashed potatoes, make sure you explain to him explicitly that you want real mashed potatoes with gravy and that he should not stop looking after one store and bring home instant ones instead. It might put you over the edge.
2. One should not watch the Godfather for the first time ever right before going to bed.
3. Children turn into caring, sensitive little beings when you tell them you had to have your tooth pulled out. They'll bring you blankets, stroke your head and tell you over and over that they're sorry you don't have a tooth anymore.
Let's see...
A looooooong time ago I mentioned that I was on the look-out for some new skin care. I found some. A long time ago. I'm sorry I never mentioned it. But I do love it.
My next door neighbor is an esthetician and she recommended these products to me. DHC. They're great because you can actually pronounce all the ingredients and recognize what they are. They probably do still have some bad stuff in them but heck, what doesn't these days? Have you heard of GMO's people? Bad, bad stuff. Look it up. Anyway, back to the skin care. The most important thing I learned was how to determine what type of skin you have. It seems like it should be so simple but it's not. So here's what Lara, my neighbor, told me. You know when you take those little skin tests and it says something like, "After washing your face does your skin feel [blank].. " and then it gives a list of options? Well, I would always choose "combination." I don't know why, really. I think I thought that since I break out occasionally and sometimes feel greasy around my nose and forehead that I was combination. But actually, what you're supposed to do is wash with a plain old bar of soap - Dove, Irish Spring, whatever you have lying around (NOT your facial cleanser) - and then see how it feels. Well, if I do that, my skin is tight and kind of dry. So in reality, I have dry skin. I think knowing this bit of info. has made all the difference. I got skin care for dry skin and I think that, coupled with a HUGE change in my diet which I'll talk about later, has improved my skin quality enormously.
So here's what I use:
Deep Cleansing Oil - this stuff is crazy. It feels oily when you rub it in. When you add water it turns foamy and washes off and makes your skin feel fab! Seriously. It reminds me of using old fashioned cold cream or something - it really gets your skin clean.
Sometimes I use Soothing Lotion after that. - Lara told me that I can probably just use it in the morning instead of washing my face again before applying moisturizer. See? Isn't she smart?
Then Rich Moisture - great, light weight.
Olive Virgin Oil - At night if I'm feeling dry or even if I'm broken out and feeling like I need some healing. I think think the olive oil is great for healing skin. And you only need a couple little drops.
All of it is pretty concentrated and lasts me several months at a time. Comparably, I think it's pretty reasonably priced next to other stuff out there. If you have any questions, the web site is great and if you ask me I can ask Lara.... she's nice like that.
And since this post is a little text heavy - a couple pictures to give you a good giggle.
You've been warned.
Stinkeye
PS. Julie - if you're reading this (not church-Julie, teacher-Julie) can you please send me your blog address? I lost track of it somehow and your profile doesn't link to it and I think I saw from a Mabel's House comment that you have some news????


9 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry about your tooth. I was wondering when you were having it extracted and I'm so glad that it's over and done with now!
And I'm excited about your skin care. I have lots of questions which I'll just ask you another time. Does Lara sell the DHC or something?
Your kids are so cute. I love them.
Oh Cutzi...sorry abut the tooth thing:-)
DHC...I've used it for over six years now and it is great stuff!!!! I have purchased it in Japan when I have been there and it is so much cheaper than when you have to order it here from the USA subsidiary/importer! Ask me about many of the products...I have probably tried them...BUT Olive cleansing oil, virgin olive and some of the toners I absolutely love!!!! Steve uses some products too!
Leslee
Jodi - Lara doesn't sell it, she just recommended it to me. And ask away! I'll see what I can answer.
Leslee - I have lots of questions for you! I want to know all the products you've tried.
My favourite line: "An extraction? Well--remove any other part of your body and see how you feel."
Ha HA! Sorry about your toof.
I'm interested in the skin stuff. It's zit-ville over here, as usual.
LOVE that pic of the kids with the road sign! lol
Glad you're perking up after the extraction. UGH. I understand that feeling of only being able to manage caring for myself, but not anyone else. So thankful you're mending.
"Church-Julie"
makin' me feel all smart over here....glad that DHC is still working for you!!
Lara
who makes these products? no secrets among us girls!!!
To anonymous above: DHC is the company. Click on the yellow DHC in the post and it will take you to their web site.
I don't know if it's me Julie, but I AM a teacher, and have posted comments...
If so, here's the link to my blog:
http://www.lotus-blossoms.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment