Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's Up

The mirror, that is. And the hooks. Thank you Justin.

I still haven't decided if/what color I wan to paint it but everything in my house is feeling so undone lately. It's amazing how hanging a few things up made me feel much better.

My endometriosis and a month long cold-turned-sinus infection are kicking my rear today. I think I'll feel better if I get dressed, eat something healthy and go look for some more lamps. Do any other mamas out there stay in their sweats all day long? I do. I haven't decided if it's a good or bad habit. I know many would say that if you get dressed in the morning you'll feel better and be more productive - but I would argue that the food/spit-up/snot stains I get on my good clothes (if you can call jeans and t-shirts "good" clothes) make me feel grumpier than wearing sweatpants. Just sayin'. These are dilemmas that consume way too much of my thought time throughout the day.


12 comments:

Jessica Stier said...

Guilty of staying in my sweats (for days even).

The mirror looks great! I love when simple things make such a difference on our psyche.

Michelle said...

That corner looks adorable! The wood tones in the mirror and bench look like they match perfectly.

I don't have kids, and I still have days that I don't change out of sweats.

I hope you start feeling better!

Nicola said...

I wear sweats all day (on non work days) and I'm not even a mom!

kate said...

i stay in my sweats. In fact, I have them on now. Kids are sick, been coughed on, puked on, and snot rubbed on my shirt. At least I'm comfy and not in my cute jeans that aren't so comfy.

great mirror!

Stacy said...

I'm all about comfort, always. But ESPECIALLY when I'm home. :)

I'm with you on the stains on "good" clothes. Ugh.

Your mirror looks great up!

Jodi said...

Ha! I spend too much time thinking about the sweat pant dilemma too. I remember reading an article by some fashion lady in New York who said she is outright disgusted by women who wear sweat pants in public. I always think of her when I do. And I do. I just try to wear my "nice" sweat pants. :)

I love your little corner! That picture looks magazine worthy!

Anonymous said...

Looks great Cutz!! I LOVE my sweatpants and I don't care who knows it!!!!!

Suzy said...

I love that corner and the cheery little flower hooks!

There are different levels of sweatpants. And depending on what you do with the rest of your body (bathe, brush teeth, etc) you can "feel better and be more productive".

Rebecca M said...

I like Suzy's "different levels of sweatpants"!

For me, it's all about what is currently clean. I get up and put it on. It may be that said clean clothing is only clean in the not-obviously-stained-or-stinky sense. I admit to wearing the same pair of pants/shirt for days in a row simply because they are still "clean".

And.
I'm so sorry about your lamp!

And.
I love your mirror and your bench!!

Crystal Rea said...

I love your new mirror/bench/hooks! And yes, sweats all day definitely happens here. Especially on sick days/really cold and rainy days.

Colleen said...

I think this corner looks really nifty. Very cool, that church pew!

Anonymous said...

I put my sweats on the moment I get home from work.. On the weekends it is the first thing I put on.. So please never feel guilty!! Oh love the church pew by the way, and mirror.. It is very fun watching your decorating unfold!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.