In other news, I've been feeling so blah blah blah lately - not enough sleep, gaining weight, need a haircut, etc. - that I took some advice from Wardrobe 911 and ordered almost all the shirts from their "Mom Wardrobe" post. It's part of a $1500 wardrobe challenge they've been doing. I even ordered a couple of styles that I wouldn't normally choose for myself so we'll see how it goes. Someday, I might beef up the courage (and the bank account) to buy a pair of Joe's jeans. Man, they're expensive... but I'm sure they're worth it if they make me look hot. And you all know that's my main goal in life - to look hot while I'm fixing my 10th PB&J for the day. I'm also going to head over to Downeast Basics and see what I can get for myself. They just came out with their early fall line and some of it is super cute. AND, if you'll remember from last year - I still haven't ordered myself a bathing suit from Land's End. I'm hopeful but I need some help. I might be enlisting all of you for this so stay tuned....
Have a wonderful, fun, relaxing weekend!


7 comments:
Cute tops. Did you get the open cardi? I LOVE that one! I hate trying to find a bathing suit. I went to Target to try to find a new one for Mom and Me swim classes. I wanted a tankini to hide the belly and a skirt to hide the hips/butt. I realized I'd look like I was wearing a dress (and that I was about 50) So... I just suck it up, wear the one I had, and figure nobody cares what I look like and who's looking anyway???
Julie - Oh no.... the cardigan is the just about the only one I DIDN'T get! I couldn't think of what I would wear it with and I thought maybe the fact that it didn't button my bother me...
now I'm rethinking my decision.
I think I have a suit picked out - we'll see.
I want to see swim suits! Did you get that top that was like $60 and they showed it in yellow? I liked that one. Sorry you've been feeling blah. I think you're a total hottie.
Xochi's sundress is adorable! And I love your goal in life :)
If you think you want to get some Joe's jeans, you might like my strategy. Try them on in a department store so you know your cut and size, and then check consignments shops and eBay. I got a $200 pair of Adriano Goldschmied jeans for $30 at a local consignment shop, and I always check eBay for Kris's favorite Hugo Boss 5-pocket dress pants.
Not ALL of us, Cutzi, I think. Swimsuit advice from your Missouri readership might degenerate into discussions about goblets.
I love the open cardigan too. I wear mine all the time, because I always have tees and jeans on, and the open cardigan kinda gives me some oomph.
Cutzi - I thought that Adia looked just like you, but WOW! Each time I check the blog to see if you've posted anything new, I see this picture and think, "Man! Maia REALLY looks JUST LIKE CUTZI!" So great!
~tricia
Post a Comment