So we went to the doctor this morning and even after they told her yesterday morning that they would induce her today - they didn't. When they called over to the hospital the doctor said that it was too late of a start to do it this morning. They made an appointment for her at 7:30 tomorrow and sent her over to the hospital for a stress test since Xochi hasn't been moving very much. They said if she was stressed they would induce her then and there. But she's healthy and moving fine. Which is awesome, of course.
We were all a little deflated at that point. I think Amanda, her mom and I all felt like crying but none of us did. And none of us told eachother we wanted to until later. Well... Amanda said she did in the exam room to try and get them to induce her but it didn't work.
Poor Amanda. She is totally done. I feel bad for her. And to top it all off, tomorrow is also her birthday.
We decided to take matters into our own hands a little bit. We went for lunch at this place called Diego's. It was seriously the best food I may have ever had in my life. Then we went and bought a bottle of castor oil which she promptly downed. And then we set out walking.... (and shopping)
After that I came back to the hotel, took a nap and am now waiting to hear if anything more is happening.
Amanda thinks it will be tonight.
I hope so!


7 comments:
Cutzi! We are still praying like crazy....all the Kill babies are in on the action...Maia in particular wants to keep checking here and on facebook for news :) Can I just say...Go Amanda! She is such a trooper! I downed castor oil with #4 and it was quite the experience. You are loved and we are so thrilled to see God's sweet hand in how you are spending each and every minute there.
Oh my... oh my!
Go, Amanda! You rock!
Hey, Cutzi, we had your kiddos here for awhile today... lots of fun :0) I'd forgotten what a good eater Adia is.
Still praying,
Julie
I hope so, too! I can't wait for the first pictures of Xochi!
You're amazing. I love you so much.
Amanda, you're seriously amazing too. And I love you too!
Praying for you all tonight. Come on Xochi, you can do it!
Amanda? You GO girl. You must be feeling done to down some of that ICK.
Cutz, I'll bet it's nice for Amanda and her Mom to have you there! Can't wait to meet Xochi!!!
Oh ho ho ho I "did" castor oil once. I mixed it with orange juice and chugged it. I had contractions for sure, but not enough to put me into real labour. I had some other side-effects though, *ahem*.
Praying for your family Cutzi - for you and Justin, the children, for this precious baby Xochi, and of course for Amanda (who is beautiful, by the way - I'm so glad you posted the video so we could get a glimpse of Xochi's awesome birthmom.) I love that you are there for all of this, and that you're letting us all in on the action... or lack of action! Continuing to pray and can't wait to hear the good news!!!
Post a Comment