Sunday, March 8, 2009

Storytime with Steele

Last night, after a fun day of skiing, Justin and I decided to have a little "date-in" night. While we were making dinner for ourselves (the kiddos were already fed) I decided to put Adia and Steele in our bed and let Steele "read" to Adia.

Indulge me here. This has turned into a total mom blog. But it's so fun to capture these moments.





The best part - which I didn't catch on tape - was when Adia reached up, patted Steele on the head and said....

You're doing a pretty good job, Steele!

On the reading list last night? Some favorites:

Peter Pan Illustrated Classic
Dinosaur Bob and His Adventures with the Family Lazardo
You Can Do It, Sam (my personal favorite lately)

10 comments:

amy said...

Favorite part:
"I like dinosaur bob."
"Yeah you do."

Such a little man and woman.

kate said...

I love those times...they bring joy to a mama's heart

Martha said...

Oh my gosh. To listen to Adia say "Steele"....makes my heart go pitter-pat.

That video made my day, Cutz.

Martz

aimee said...

No way is Adia's voice for real! Are you kidding me? What a doll! Your kids are SO sweet!

Michelle said...

Oh, that was the sweetest thing ever. I love how Adia ends every sentence with "Steele". She sure adores her big brother.

Anonymous said...

cutest kids evaaaaa! xoxo christine

Anonymous said...

well, after an evening of working on report cards (made more frustrating by my misplacing some info), I decided I needed a bedtime story. I had seen the video on here but hadn't had the time to watch it.
NOW, after Storytime with Stee -le and Adia, I am ready for a night's rest. What sweet kids! I love it that you see and want to capture and remember these moments! Keep it up. What good are gifts if you don't appreciate them! Love you, Tricia

Glenda said...

Loving this....how cute are they... I personally enjoy the Dinosaur Bob song!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable. Love those moments!!

The shleves? Target ooooorrrrr a discount store... you can spray paint anything with white enamel!

Can't wait to see the results!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, your kids melt my heart!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.