Ok friends... so I get about 50 hits a day to this snappy little blog I have. And you know how many comments I get? Maybe 2....or 3. On average. Now, I don't necessarily think you have to post a comment every time you read my blog - sometimes you just don't have anything to say. But if you read regularly would you at least say "hi" and let me know who you are? I know who some of you are - I've seen you at Costco and you've told me sheepishly that you read my blog. I love that! Some of you have told me that everybody else posts comments and you don't need to re-say what somebody else has already said. I've checked my site meter and seen that you live in Kennewick - I only know one person from Kennewick. Congratulations and I hope you're getting some sleep!
Ok - to make it fun you can ask me all the burning questions you've been dying to know. HA! I flatter myself. Seriously though, you might have questions - if they're not too personal I'll answer them. And also, if you've gotten this far and you post a comment I'll enter your name into a drawing. Did I say drawing?? I don't do drawings. But I will. As a blatant attempt to get your comments. And also because it was my blogaversary on June 1st. The prize will be a surprise - but I promise it will be good. As soon as I think of it.
So post up!
Oh! I better put a deadline on this. How about tomorrow at 10:23 pm PST?
And I think I need to limit it to American commenters. Sorry Will! International shipping might get expensive!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


29 comments:
Yeah, I'm a spy on your blog. You know that though. I just don't comment a lot anywhere I go. But a drawing for some unknown prize.... Well, who could stop me!
As for a question...
I have never gotten the answer to my laundry question. You even told me you were working on it.
Happy Blogaversary, too! Has it really been a whole year? Amazing, really.
Do we get extra points for longest comment? I could keep going you know. I could.
Good luck with your comment gathering and I hope I win!!
Trina
Can you refresh my memory on the laundry question?
You know when there aren't any words, just pictures, for how to care for something. Triangle with 1 line, 2 lines. Symbols not words. I think they meant it for a 'one size fits all' type of thing for people that can read english but honestly it doesn't make any sense!!
Trina
google reader just makes it way too easy to do a fly by.
I was going to do this same thing b/c I had so many people telling me they were reading my blog.
caught - I read regularly.
I am a lurker too, but I don't have any questions...
Hey! I'm here, but you know that right? Also.. .I'm extremely jealous of your blog readers... I think I'm just writing to myself on mine.
AND as for my question to ask: want to get together the weekend of July 11? We are coming up for Sarah Atkins' wedding. I can't wait to see you soon and meet your beautiful children. I think blogs are my sanity right now and such a tremendous blessing allowing me to re-connect with women I love and have lost touch with!
Happy Blogaversary, Cutzi! Things have been crazy lately, so sorry for the fly-by reading.
You know I'm guilty! I check probably daily. I know I need to make the time to comment!
I love your blog.
I don't have a question really, but I love your recipes that you have posted in the past. :)
Posting up.
But you know I read here. I also love it when people reveal to me their mystery reader status.
Hi Cutzi,
I started stopping by your blog a month or so ago... I've enjoyed the candid way you share about your daily life. Recently, I had fun reading your post about Sea to Ski. I love that you take your kiddos with you to cheer on their daddy, even though it's super early in the morning. It made me think of a similar tradition I'd like to start with my own kids. While in college and high school, I was on a rowing team. One of the seattle area's biggest crew races takes place on Lake Union each May. I'd love to begin taking my family, getting up early and lining the side of the Montlake Cut to cheer and watch as the rowers fight for first place.
I went to WWU and love the Bellingham area (and many people who live there, too)! Actually, I linked over from Stacy's blog (withgreatjoy). Oh and I think I've met you once or twice maybe at Mike and Amy's house.
Oh and sorry this is getting long but I rarely comment on any blog due to technical difficulties on my end.
And a question?
What did you find at the Homeschool book sale? Anything good? Stuff you are going to start soon with your oldest?
Okay, getting to leave a comment was worth it to me even if I don't win the contest! :)
rebecca
welikenoodles@yahoo.com
Hey Cutzirific...I'm all about prizes. I love winning..although I rarely enter anything so it doesn't happen very often. Recently, I went to run a 5k supporting a friend's daughter's sorority at UW and they had a drawing that you bought into. (Raffle tickets were a whoppin $2.) So, I by my one ticket and even pick out the specific prize I want (a lululemon bag stuffed with stuff) and wait for my number to be called out so I can run to the front and collect my winnings. Nothing. I was so SURE I would win. Just like I'm sure I'll win this one! I can't wait!
xoxo Christine
Merriann is at my house leaving
her comment... from my computer and with my hands... so I get extra names in the drawing!!!
You want proof it's Merriann?
Okay, Merriann said HI CUTZI!!
See, does that work?
Trina/Merriann
Now her question: Where do you get your blog counter from? Or the thingy that tells where people are from.
It's a technical question not personal.
I'm trying to beat Rebecca's longest post. It's not fair that I was first to post.
This is also why Merriann yelled at me for leaving so many posts at her place. See what happened there. I stopped posting.
(Trina just left to check on kids...this is Merriann) I didn't yell! I just commented that I needed to update my blog because Trina kept posting on the same one. I was just trying to give her new things to comment on (now she is yelling at me for typing this) :O)
Fred says HI!
Trina
Merriann
Fred
Hi Cutzi!! It's fun reading your blog, hearing about your life, your family, B'ham... Oh how I miss the NW! It was especially fun to read about and see pics from Ski to Sea. I SO miss that. Anyway, here's my HELLO! Your blog is great. Cute kids. Tell Justin I say hi. :) Bye!
Camee :)
Buenas noches!
I claim Faithful Reader status. And I am so jealous about how much traffic you get here. Your posts make me long for the northwest and oftentimes, they make me chuckle. I will see you and your hijos preciosos in early August.
Um hum. You KNOW I have turned into a loyal reader!!!! You are on the blogroll sista! A contest!! Woot! How fun is that?!?!?!
I'm only leaving a comment because I heard something about a drawing?? lol, hahaha. I've been stopping by pretty regularly, since you forced me to look at that sweaty picture of you after working out. ;)
Hey Cutzi...I was wondering how you knew I was reading your blog :) My big question is: How do I get a site meter on my blog?
Hope you are doing well...we miss the Chapel and miss seeing you guys!
xo,
Diana Lim
Yah! Thanks for showin' a girl some love. Although, I know there are still some of you out there that haven't commented yet. Come on! You can do it - I used to be a chronic non-commenter also (although lately, ditto what Kate said about fly-bys) and I certainly was never going to enter a drawing... but guess what??? The first drawing I ever entered - I won! Thanks Martha! It's fun - you have nothin' to lose.
So to answer some of your questions:
Trina - go here: http://www.tide.com/en_US/articles/read.jsp?topic=laundry_symbols
Thanks D'rae for introducing yourself! I loved checking out your blog.
Kristen! I would love to get together that weekend! Will you be here the whole weekend? Definitely e-mail me.
Candice - I will be sure and post some more recipes soon.
Rebecca! I'm embarrassed to say that I can't think of what you look like but I'm sure if I saw you I'd remember meeting you. And...sad to say - not much good at the book sale except for good company, good conversation and good coffee (which we had to bring ourselves). I found a few things that I was looking for for Steele but nothing that wowed me. Amy and I both agreed it was a little too garage saley for us. Amy made the comment that she wondered if the stuff people were selling might be the stuff that didn't work???
Christine - I can't promise any Lululemon (wouldn't that be awesome?) but it will be good and maybe yummy. And I loved that you called me Cutzirific.
To those of you who asked about site meter... it's easy shmeasy. Go to www.sitemeter.com and follow the directions.
And just so you know I love ya - a shout out to the rest of you! Jodi, Kate, Trina, Michelle, Frederick, Camee, Helen, Sarah, Denise... xoxo (I don't think I've ever done xoxo in my life...)
You MUST know I'm a faithful reader. AND commenter. I heart comments on my own blog so try to leave them on other peoples' blogs. But... come ON, Cutzi. You NEVER leave comments on my blog.
Oh. (she realizes) Maybe that's because you hate it? Nevermind... I shouldn't have asked!
~Stacy
I have been wanting to let you know... but have been embarrassed. Have wanted to share my feelings for you... but what if they are not reciprocated? I have thought of putting my self out there... but what if I get hurt?
But, for you, for what we have... I'll do it.
I, Amy Hollister, read your blog whenever you post.
And I feel like you are someone with whom I could actually be friends with in real life.
You can count on your mom to always read your blog. You might be up to something I need to know about, young lady!
What's with this Amy thing you got going?
Just who are all the rest of these "friends" I've never heard of before?
What's going on the weekend of July 11th?
Do you really think it's a wise thing to take my grandchldren up to the top of Baker with all of those other Ski to Sea bums?
I don't think this blog thing is safe at all, who knows wht kind of strange people you'll attract!
I've got questions, and I want answers!
As you well know, I too, am a faithful reader (read *stalker*), but not so great at commenting. AND, I'm totally crushin' on you and your family...you guys rock!!
I'm commenting again. If I do twice....three times...four... do I get entered that many times? I really want to win. I'm extremly competitive even when I've got no control. xoxo Christine
I'm a reader...I've commented, in real life, to you before that I read it--Michelle got me hooked. And (*blush*) you're the only blog I read....not counting the photographer's blog that I checked hourly after we'd gotten our family photos done! She's a great photographer, but I digress...
http://www.sandiheinrich.com/
Hmmm...question/comment: can't wait to see your blog about Rose! Congrats on that find!
Melinda
HI, Melinda, those photos are AWESOME!
Totally, COOL family photos!! I know I crack myself up :-)
I love the one of Owen near the end. His eyes off to the side.
Very, very cute.
Trina
Hi there! I'm feeling slightly creepy to admit that although we don't know each other, I am a faithful reader of your blog. I found your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend... (I'm slightly blog-crazy, although I don't have one of my own yet.) I am originally from B'ham and I'm pretty sure I know people who know you (your name is a little hard to forget!), but I don't think we've met.
I have 2 little boys (almost 3 1/2 and almost 2), and am expecting a little girl in October. Having recently relocated, I haven't connected to many moms and I am being blessed by the anonymous fellowship of the blog moms. So thanks!
Bekah
Hey, I thought we were having a drawing!! I'm going jack up your counter by checking 50 times just today...
I have a need to know about the 'surprise prize' and who won it!
I'll check back in 5 minutes. :-)
Trina
Love your blog...Sorry I blurk your blog so much ;) Love you, baby!
Hey, so glad you have put your blog addy in your signature on the forum... I was reading sparsly (whenever I stumbled on your addy in my cashe), but now I have the link in sight almost everytime I log on :D... keep it up, I love your BLOG!
Post a Comment