Or us.
Or them.
Sort of.
We just finished watching Juno. I loved it. But even saying I loved it doesn't seem to do justice to the feelings I had about it. I could relate to it in so many ways. I could almost feel myself in it. Feel how it was.
Once again, as I do on many occasions, I thought about "our" two birth mothers and how I love them. They are girls, sort of like Juno, quirky and lovable each in their own way. Beautiful. And even though we don't get to see them often they are forever a part of lives. A part that I cherish. I see them in my childrens' sweet faces, in their laughter and in their little toes that don't look like mine. Steele and Adia are our children - God ordained that from the beginning - but they are also their birth mothers'. God also planned that. I don't understand it fully - but I know He planned it. And I think it's pretty cool.
As Juno pushed her final push and that little boy came out I cried - remembering how special it was that I got to be at both Steele and Adia's births. Nothing *nothing* is more amazing. I asked Justin if he was crying. (he always does)
"No," he replied, "But it makes me want another baby."
And we are praying about one...
God may have something in the works. He's always creative and surprising that way. I think that's pretty cool too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I'm praying about one too. :)
Cutzi, thank you so much for sharing these thoughts. It was really beautiful to read. How amazing that you were present at both Steele and Adia's births. I love reading everything you have to say about how your children became part of your family.
We had planned on watching Juno tonight, but Kris fell asleep, so I watched Project Runway instead. I can't wait to see it tomorrow--we'll start it much earlier.
What a great post Cutzi. It brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful it would be for you to add a third child to your family! God is so faithful!
Sarah
I love being a part of your "family" so that we too can be apart of your adoption journey.
I love the perspective that God has given you and Justin. And I love those kiddo's so much too!
Praying for that one...
Oh, how I loved Juno!!
I loved this post, too. You are the luckiest family ever!
xoxo,
mvz
I loved that movie. It made me cry, too. You are such a special family, and I am praying that God will bring you another special little one.
love,
Crystal
Post a Comment