Friday, November 9, 2007

I Won! I Won! I Won!

Isn't this crazy! With the exception of one, all the blogs I have on my blog roll are people I know personally. There are a few that I read regularly though, that I don't have listed. One of them is Elizabeth Hill Cottage. I won't link to it yet. I don't want to ruin the surprise.

So I've been reading regularly, posted some comments, got some comments back!!... and so began our blog friendship. My first and only blog friend that I don't know "IRL". That's "In Real Life" for all you non-bloggonians. I have to say that having your first non IRL blog friend is a little like getting your first boyfriend in 7th grade. You post a comment, feeling a little funny and giddy about it and then you wait... Wait to see if they think you're a freak or if they're cool with it. And then, just maybe, they reply to your comment on their own blog. And then..... they post a comment on your blog - about your own cute pictures or your writing about your own crazy life. Oh the sheer excitement of it all!!!

If I'm being honest I must admit that I'm still a little skeptical of this whole blog thing. I vacillate between wanting to blog about "deep" things, getting freaked out that someone is stalking me, being annoyed by things I read, feeling like I waste too much time on here, having fun reading others' blogs, enjoying the things I learn from blogs like this one, etc. etc. etc. I wish my blog had a little more direction sometimes but anyway.... I'm rambling now.

I have thoroughly been enjoying keeping up with Martha at Elizabeth Hill. She has a great sense of humor and the things she posts about don't make me feel like a Martha Stewart school drop out. From what I read, she seems real, down-to-earth, creative, domestic (but not obsessively so) and honest. I appreciate those things. AND, she thinks my kids are cute which always scores big points with me.

So I few days ago Martha posted a contest - complete with a prize. We were supposed to find the "something" that was wrong with her fridge. I must have gone back to that picture a handful of times over 24 hours searching that picture. I even showed it to Justin and he couldn't see it. Here - see if you can find it. Could you see it? Well, even it if you found it it doesn't matter because..... I WON! I WON! I WON!! Me! Cutzi! And the prize is all MINE! MINE! MINE!

Isn't that too funny! I've seen contests on other blogs and really wondered if it all wasn't just a bit hokey. I thought that until I WON!!! At which point I was yelling from the living room out to Justin "I WON! I WON! I WON!".

By the way, did you happen to hear that I WON!!??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good Cutzi! that is awesome. I found what was wrong too. Of course, it was after I read your post!!! Aren't I smart :-)
Trina

amy said...

Great job Cutz! I couldn't find it and I tried. Mike couldn't find it either (we were looking before we finished reading yours). My final answer was going to be that the door is open!
Be sure to tell us what your prize it. That is fun.
I love it that you won.

Martha said...

Awwwwww, Cutzi!!

You are such a sweetie-pie!! Thanks for all of your kind words, girlfriend.

And the reason I don't make you feel like a Martha Stewart flunkie?
Because I'm a bigger flunkie than you.
That's why.
And you know what? I'm not even ashamed!
I EMBRACE my inner flunkieness.
I do!
Ha. I really don't. But when all of these crafty people are showing off their craftiness? It makes me want to be the antithesis of crafty.
Which I already am.
So it all works out, am I right?
Yes, I am.
xoxox,
martha

Anonymous said...

Wow Cutz, good job! I'm a little jealous...mostly just mad because I only spent a few minutes looking at the picture and I'm CERTAIN that if I'd looked a few minutes more I would have seen that!

What a fun contest. I'll look forward to seeing your new paper towel holder. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, when I first saw this post I thought, "Oh my goodness, Oprah is going to come remodel her kitchen."

Did you ever even send that video in?

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.