I've been sitting here for about 15 minutes trying to think of some way to update you all on the baby process. Maybe something deep? Maybe something funny? I even thought for a moment that I could tell you how I feel like the seven dwarfs all wrapped up in one - multiple personality dwarf maybe? Dopey, Grumpy, Sneezy (allergies), Sleepy and let's throw in Weepy. That's pretty much me right now.
But I just couldn't come up with anything good. Maybe because at any given moment lately I feel like I could shut my eyes and fall asleep. Which is actually what I'm going to do as soon as I post this. Also, at any given moment, I feel like I could start crying. Do you know that feeling? Where you feel like you're on the verge of crying and you can just sort of feel it welling up in your chest and your throat? The thing is, I don't feel like crying over anything in particular, I just feel like crying.
All in all, it's not that bad though. Truly. I started birth control pills a week and a half ago to get my cycle on schedule. I start a different medication next week. Shots. In my stomach. Fun times. I've been trying to pace myself and my days. One thing at a time. A load of laundry here, a school lesson there. Taking purposeful, short moments to train my children, take a nap, lay out in the sun (on the two days we've had it this year) and read some things that feed my spirit. I've been avoiding people a little bit. Only because I'm a tad unpredictable right now. Even to myself. I also don't want to appear as though I'm complaining about anything. I know some people might think I'm looney for choosing this. It's hard to explain sometimes that we didn't choose it. God did. So it's just easier if I don't have to breach that topic.
Overall I have an overwhelming feeling of this all being very surreal. Ten years of being married, adopting 3 babies in 4 years, never trying and barely even thinking about fertility treatment and now here we are. It is still crazy to me. God crazy. Good crazy. The best kind of crazy.
A friend passed on this blog to me. If you're curious about the whole process of IVF or embryo adoption you might be interested to read it. The blogger is about where I am now if you go back to her posts from September '09. It's really interesting. I never knew. I still don't really know. I'm just doing what the doctor tells me to do. Checking off each day on my schedule calendar. Today: take a little red pill. Sunday and Monday: same. Tuesday: take little red pill, give myself a shot in the stomach.... until sometime in mid June: Take vallium, have doctor put baby inside me.
CRAZY!!!!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
So crazy! And so beautiful. How sweet it is to walk in the plan God has for us. Love you, precious friend. Praying for you often through the hormone changes, the ups and downs. Praying that this "taking it easy" will be a sweet time for you and the Lord.
That is a creepy picture! I understand hormonal. Just part of being a woman, I think, is navigating our emotions in such a way that we can still love those around us.
I love you and am super excited for you to carry these babies. It is going to be awesome. Not easy, but awesome!
Ah, Cutzi--your comment about "why did I sign up for this?"...I remember thinking that so many times while pregnant and barfing over a toilet, or in a street gutter, or wherever the urge overcame me. It's a good thing that the urge to have a child is stronger than the thoughts of a logical brain. Otherwise the human race would have been kaput long ago.
P.S. You should email that picture to Stephen King or someone like that. Maybe it will lead to something that will pay for Xochi's college tuition in 15 years or so.
Cutzi,
A little bit, you know, I understand the hormones and emotions. If you ever need to vent to a real live person...
Prayers and best wishes,
Julie
This part of your post resonated with me: "I've been avoiding people a little bit. Only because I'm a tad unpredictable right now. Even to myself. I also don't want to appear as though I'm complaining about anything." I'm so there, so often.
(And er, yeah, that pic does kinda skiv me out ~ or would if the subject wasn't such a cutie pie!)
Post a Comment