Friday, March 11, 2011

Dining Room Progress

A couple of you have asked how the dining room came along. I'm happy to report that it's going fairly well. I'm pleased with what's going on so far but still have quite a few additions to make.

After some tweaking and re-planning of furniture arrangement we've landed here.


The details:

Desk - Craigslist
Sofa - Craiglist
Table and chairs - Ikea
Shelf Unit - handmade by Justin using Ana White's plans.
White board - Huge panel of "showerboard" aka "tileboard" from Lowe's for $12. For reals.




Future plans:

Spraypaint cubbies - Rustoleum High Performance Enamel in Safety Red. Recommended by Little Green Notebook here. I've used this color before and I love it.
Paint Desk - Cornbread by Martha Stewart at Home Depot. Pre-mixed in a little sampler. Awesome.
Frame Whiteboard and Map - Sultana also by Martha and pre-mixed.
Make some horizontal striped black and white curtains
Perhaps a few shelves to the right of the map for sewing suplies
New light fixture - maybe something like this, this or this. Any thoughts?

I've also been looking for and considering a vinyl calendar for the white board. Maybe something like this?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wait - did I miss something??? What are you doing for a dining room? It looks great!

Your Librarian said...

I think lighting choice #2 looks hard to keep clean. I'm particularly partial to choice #3. Great classroom!

Quinn said...

I absolutely LOVE lighting choice #3.

Kristen said...

I LOVE this room! Color me officially inspired. My apartment is bugging me...time to re-arrange and soak up some more color. Love!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love your Anna White cubbies. I could spend all summer making things from her site!

If you want a calendar on your DE board (12 bucks, woo-hoo!) you know you could just draw your own on, with a Sharpie ;D Because I'm all about FREE!

I like lights 1 and 3, but how much light do they actually put out? Do you want to be using florescent?

Steele looks so BIG standing by the cubbies!

Julie

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.