Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Brain Stuffing

Not to be confused with Thanksgiving stuffing... I am grain-free you, know. (I say this in all bitterness as I've been drooling over recipes like this and this. I'm choosing this. I'm choosing this.)



Brain stuffing.... it's basically what happens this time of year when my brain is swarming with Christmas ideas, yarn, patterns, gifts etc. and I cannot keep everything straight. I used to tell my Jazzercise students that right before I taught new routines I would just stuff them all in my brain and hope they stayed in there long enough for me to get to class and puke it all out at them. And that's how I feel - except I'm experiencing a little blockage. Brain... constipation... maybe? Whatever it is, it has me frozen. And it can't be frozen! Because I need to start knitting, people! Are any of you like this? I just keep looking at pattern after pattern and yarn after yarn - the frugal part of me wants to use as much yarn from my stash as possible. I made a rule a while ago that I wouldn't buy any more yarn without a specific project to use it for. But I broke my rule... grr.... and I have some beautiful yarns to use but I'm just not quite sure they're the most *perfect* yarn for the projects I have in my mind. But I need to order whatever I need off of Knitpicks... and you see, my mind just keeps going around and around.

Kind of like my friend Suzy. Hooping. Another thing I can't seem to get out of my mind.

Go here and watch. You'll be amazed. I never knew.




Anyway, I've been watching birthing videos. I've seen six births in person but for some reason when I was watching the videos tonight and thinking of that being ME I actually said out loud to my computer (in a high-pitched squeaky-freaked-out voice), "I don't think I want to do that!"

I am Scared people! See that capital "S"? I keep telling myself that millions of other women have done it. I can do it too. Jazzercise has been prepping me for years - Breathe and push. Breathe and push. Breathe and push. I say it to my students all the time. Ack!!




To conclude, here's a sweet Christmas gift idea for your little girls. I cannot even tell you how much I want to post knitting patterns... but I don't want to give away my secrets. I'm going to think on this and see what I can do.

Magnetic Paper Dolls


Slowly but sweetly, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here! Happy Thanksgiving to you!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have brain constipation too. Too much in there and I am frozen with what to start with! Happy Thanksgiving to that beautiful family of yours!

Suzy said...

You're so cute, linking my hooping up like that! Okay, and I must have missed a couple of posts here... I am suuuper excited for you about the babies! I have to check in way more often. Twins would be cool...

Julie said...

You're killing me not posting knitting patterns. I'm in serious need of ideas. Two hats for the girl is all I've managed so far this year!

Where did you get the darling village? We're on the hunt for one this year (the new house has a PERFECT place for one), but all I've seen are the insanely pricey ceramic ones. I LOVE yours!

Cutzi said...

Julie - For you! I will post knitting patterns. ;-) Are you on ravelry? Loving your use of "the girls."

The little village is from Martha Stewart at Michaels. They're papaer and you put them together. I got them several years ago but I think I saw them there last year too so you might check. I also have another house idea - but I'll post that separately.... or, can you find me on fb?

Julie said...

I AM on ravelry - I'll try to find you. Do you have the patterns in your favs? I'll try to find you on FB too. :)

I can't believe those are paper - they're darling!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.