Last summer, on the weekend of Steele's birthday, we were surprised by a sweet blessing in the form of new next door neighbors. Since that day, we have spent nearly one evening per week together for dinner, Lara has graciously watched our animals and given skin care advice (for me, not the animals), Aaron patiently loves and plays with our children longer than I ever thought a twenty-somthing, childless guy ever could. Justin, on the look-out for a summer side job, responded to an ad for yard maintenance help on Craigslist. Surprise! It was Aaron next door! Hiring for his yard maintenance business. I've already put in my request for a company Christmas party. Lara likes to yak on about stuff almost as much as I do, so we sit around and talk or go for walks. She lets me think outloud with her about everything from baby names to curtain colors. We see them almost every day and they have become like family to us. Dear friends - these are the sweeter things in life for which we are so thankful.
Business Sale Celebration Dinner
(Justin was at work)
We went over to the studio afterward and had a dance party on the stage.
It's been beautiful here the last few days.
We all headed out to Birch Bay for a beach fire on Sunday night.
I just thought this picture was cool.
I have no idea how I did it, but I like how the rocks are in focus
and Lara, Aaron and Adia aren't.
B.Y.O.D. and B.Y.O.U. on the back patio Monday night.
(Bring your own dinner and bring your own underwear)
We're off to visit Justin's parents for a few days. Hope you all have a beautiful Resurrection Sunday!


5 comments:
Neighbors that become close friends are certainly a blessing. We had that at our old house, and are working on it here. Love the photos! Hope you all have a blessed Easter!
There is truly nothing like good neighbors. Congrats on the sale of the business!woohoo!!
um how stinkin' cute is this posting??...i feel like royalty making it onto your famous blog. thanks for telling the world that you love us because we love you all too. In fact we are missing you big time right now. Hope you're having fun!!! see you tomorrow!!!
-neighbor girl
They sound like the best neighbors you could possibly dream up. Happy Easter!
Adia's hair is getting so long!! Cute pics. I love good neighbors!
Post a Comment