Monday, December 8, 2008

Finished!

So I can't believe it.

I've been feeling happier and happier about it as the evening has gone on.

I finally became a lifetime member at Weight Watchers. It seriously is one of the only things I have completely finished in my life. I think I'm in shock. College? 2 quarters left. Paint in the living room? Ceiling still needs to be finished. Magnetic paint in the kitchen? Still needs one more coat. Red duvet for my bed that I started 7 years ago? Needs to be hemmed and ties put on it. But Weight Watchers? I can check that one off my to-do list. (College got removed from the to-do list a long time ago) Yahoo! I'm still not completely where I would like to be weight-wise, or body-wise, but I reached my goal - stayed there for six weeks and I'm in. Lifetime member. It feels pretty good.

A few updates for you:

  • For some reason I am not getting e-mail notifications for all your comments. Hmph. So that means I have to check my blog all the time. Not that I'm a great blogging buddy and get back to every one of you - but still, I do want you to know that I always read them and love every one.
  • The girls have been rockin' the hen house lately. Three eggs a day! Seriously. That is some major egg layin' goin' on. Kind of a funny side note on the chickens - remember the wreaths Justin was making? He ended up selling 41 of them but left his signs out around town a little too long. The codes officer came and left us his card. Then he noticed we had a dog - um, not licensed. Then he noticed we have chickens. Well, I guess technically you can't have chickens in town unless you live on a quarter of an acre. Fortunately for us, he just told us to get Finney a license and not to worry about the chickens, as long as our neighbors don't mind. I had to chuckle a bit at myself. I'm a true Republican - too much legislation for me. I balk a bit at people telling me what I can do on my property. And don't start in on me - I know perfectly well why we have to have these rules. I don't want my neighborhood turning into hicksville with broken down trucks and rabies infested dogs roaming the neighborhood either, but still....
  • We had a meeting with our adoption agency the weekend after Thanksgiving. Our homestudy update will be finished this month and then they'll start showing our profile to birth mothers. Could happen any time after that. Yippee!
  • And finally, more on the bird story. I'll see if I have time to post more pictures of it tomorrow. There were these really pretty birds outside our condo in Whistler. They were hanging around so close and Justin was like, "I'll bet these birds will eat out of your hand." So he tried it, and they did. Then he let Steele feed a couple. Then he had the grand idea of putting chips on Adia's head and holding her up in the air. You know - 'cause that's a normal thing to do with 2 year olds I guess. It worked a couple times and then she got freaked out. So he stopped. Ok, ok.... he may have done it one more time after that. But then he stopped. I swear.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gray jays :0)

Jodi said...

Great job on the lifetime membership, Cutz! That's so awesome!

I'm still loving the fact that Justin was feeding birds off Adia's head. Seriously. And I can't wait for babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca M said...

Thanks for the update on your chickens, Cutzi. I've been wondering if they were laying more for you. What do you do with all those eggs? I mean do you eat them for breakfast each day...? (This is such a silly question. It's silly because I'm asking it as if everyone in the world is like me. I don't like eggs. To eat. I like them for baking! And many other people do like eggs...and would and do eat them for breakfast everyday.)

Cutzi said...

Rebecca - yup. We eat them. Justin could eat two fried every morning. I prefer mine soft boiled, in a bowl with buttered toast cut up into squares on top.

Michelle said...

Congrats on the lifetime membership! Don't worry about all those other little things on the list--they'll get done if they're important to you. But there are probably more important things than finishing a duvet with a baby on the way!!!

**Tia** said...

I'm still laughing about using Adia as a bird feeder. When I showed the picture to Matt, his response was, "Justin's cool. I wanna do that.".....LOL.

Gretchen said...

Our friends have a bunch of chickens and what they do to get their chickens to lay more eggs is that you leave golf balls sitting around and for some reason, when the chickens see the golf balls they think they are eggs and they lay more next to them. Weird huh? You might want to try it just for kicks, please post if you try it, I'd love to hear how it goes.

Leslie said...

If you want more eggs - just put chicken feed on Adia's head. Works every time.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the lifetime membership! woo hoo! And thanks for poping in on my blog - hope you love the Sara Groves CD!

Jodee said...

This one goes with Gretchen's comment. We used the little plastic Easter eggs. Not the bright pink ones but the ones that are the light colors. That worked for awhile. Now that it's so dark we have a light that stays on in the henhouse to keep them a little more regular. Not sure if you actually WANT more eggs but if you do, there's a couple of tricks for you.
Good job on accomplishing a goal! I'm proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome on the lifetime member Cutzi!!! That must feel wonderful! Gooo Chickens go! I have been on an egg kick lately, wish I had some chickens. Too bad they'd freeze their butts off in my backyard Antartica.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for finishing! I am right there with you about having projects or ideas for projects and then having to stop and answer the cries of the tyranny of the urgent. Someday we'll have everything done and we'll wonder what to do with ourselves.

Laughing a bit about the codes officer thing....only in Lynden...sheesh! Sounds like they may be overstaffed!

Liz Harrell said...

I'm not getting emails about comments either. Wierd.

And big congrats on being a lifetime member! That's wonderful!

SeaWorthy said...

your so good, they kicked me out of WW. bad kitty..

We use to have chickens when I was little, the neighbors didnt like it..had to get rid of them. My dad use to hipnotize cchickens by putting their beak near a straight crack on the cement driveway..or something close to that..wierd, Ill have to ask him and get back to you. Justin would have a new trick to show off, instead of the "babybirdfeeder" (totally hysterical, btw)
love ya cutz!
stay warm!!!!
Lisa
coastal nest

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.