Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I Go To Bed Early Now

Anybody else with me on this one? I get tired so early. It's about 10 right now and I feel like it's way past my bed time. The other night while visiting my in-laws I went to put the kids to bed at 7 and decided to lay down for a while. At one point I think I woke up and put my pajamas on but otherwise I slept from 7 to 7. 7 to 7! I couldn't believe it.

I think Justin and I decided we're going to try artificial insemination. Natural insemination hasn't worked for 7 years and while I'm not at all desperate to have a birth child, I do think it would be the best thing for my health. I feel a little selfish that that's the deciding factor for trying to get pregnant. I told my friend Amy that the other day and she just laughed and told me it wasn't selfish of me to want to get pregnant.

To be honest, I'm not all that keen on the whole "giving birth" thing. I've had it pretty pain free so far and I wouldn't be all that sad to keep it that way. But tonight Steele and I prayed that God might make a baby grow in mama's tummy. He kind of giggled when I said it and I said to him, "Wouldn't that be silly?" And we giggled about it together.

I've never doubted that God could enable me to conceive one of these days - if He chooses. I've always just thought to myself, "If and when it is God's timing, it will be." And if I get to be 50 years old and I have never had a birth child I will think to myself, "Well, I guess God never intended for it to be. But aren't I blessed that He gave me so many children anyway." And I will not be able to be anything but overflowing with thankfulness.

Justin and I were talking about it the other day - getting pregnant that is - and I said to him, "I think if I ever get pregnant I will look at that pregnancy test and not be surprised one bit. (Because, after all, we know that God does amazing things) I'll just say.... hm... that's weird. I'm pregnant."

And for your viewing enjoyment..... no, not pictures of me getting artificially inseminated. Is that inappropriate to say on here? Anway... pictures from our weekend at the farm.

At Country Cousin Restaurant
Justin went there as a boy.

Steele and Grandma on the John Deere


Adia and I saying "hi" to B.U.F.


Not a very exciting picture but you can see
part of the Steelhammer's 200+ acres in the background


I saved the best for last...
Great Grandma and Grandpa Steelhammer
We love you!
(You'll never guess how old they are)








9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute pictures.
It's funny that I am as excited to see you get pregnant for your health as I am for you to have a baby that way.
I will keep praying for God to grow your family and to give you wisdom.
I like the picture where Adia has a horse body to go with her head.
:)
Amy

Cutzi said...

He he. That's funny. I never even noticed that!

Jodi said...

Wow! Well I'll be anxious to here about all upcoming inseminations! Well, not all upcoming inseminations...just the artificial ones. (Now, is that inappropriate to say on here? Probably.)

Justin looks like his grandparents. A perfect mix of both of them, I would say. What a fun place for you kids to grow up visiting.

By the way, I won't be at all surprised if you get pregnant either. :)

kate said...

good luck with getting prego. I love the response about seeing the positive on a stick. I hope it happens soon. :) How far apart would your last two be?

kate said...

BTW - so jealous you got 12 hrs of sleep. I would KILL for that right now. I would take 5!

Cutzi said...

Thanks everyone for all the pregnant well wishes!

Kate - I never wanted to say it before for fear you might kill ME! But... my kids go to bed at 7 and wake up at 7 every night. I know... I am wincing at the thought of you reading that. I'd be happy to pass on my tips if you're ever interested. But I have thought that maybe we ought to trade houses some night so you can get some sleep! Is your birthday any time soon? ;-)

Cutzi said...

Almost forgot - well, depending on when I get pregnant it could be as little as 2 years or less. I don't think I ever mentioned before that there was a small possibility we might get another baby in October (we just found out we're not). Adia and that baby would have been about 9 months apart - a little bit daunting but we were geared up for the challenge. We're also re-submitting our adoption application so we'll see what happens.

kate said...

I love the 7-7 schedule. Eloise does that. I'm a HUGE fan of the 7 pm. bedtime. Eloise is moving her time to 8ish but it doesn't bother me too much. Lily goes down at 6:45 or 7 and wakes at 7 too. She just struggles with waking at night, but I think we are down to one wake-up.
I'll get there soon. I just need Lily to stop waking at night and we will be home free.
2, nine months apart would have been crazy, but there would have been advantages too.
Birthday is in 3 weeks...I'm asking for 8 hrs of sleep. we'll see. A massage might be just as nice. :)

Stacy said...

Cutzi,
GREAT!!! We will begin to pray at our house for a baby in Mrs. Cutzi's tummy! (I always figure if I get my kids on the prayer bandwagon, A)they won't ever ever forget and you will be prayed for DAILY, and B)they have faith far greater than my own!!! :)
~Stacy

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.