Justin has to work a lot this week. It's always helpful to help pass these days by filling them up with work/activities. Last night I compiled a mental list of goals for the week. I figured I'd better spew them out somewhere. Here you go (in no particular order):
Make and Eat food - Since we started this whole Paleo thing (about 6 months ago now!) I don't cook very often. When Justin's home he cooks dinner and when he's not home I tend not to eat much and just fix cheater junk for the kids. ie. rice pasta and cheese or quesadillas on corn tortillas. Enough of that. I'm relying on Paleo Mama and Everyday Paleo for my inspiration.
Door Draught - It's been cold around here. Every time it's cold I walk around our little old house, feeling the draught coming from under the doors and say, "That's it! I'm going to make some door draught stoppers!" And then the weather warms up and I forget about them. Not this time. I'm doin' it. This one's cool, but I think I'll make something more along the lines of this.
School - Sure, we do school here and there and the kids are doing fine but our day just runs so much more smoothly with at least a loose schedule. I need to find one that works for us. I need to get our priorities out on paper. Find our groove. Create our culture. Still thinking about this.
Keep my house clean - We had a family work day on Saturday - inspired by the Duggars - and my house is sparkly clean and tidy. For my own sanity, I need to try and keep it that way. What we're working on: One thing out at a time. Put stuff away before you get something else out. If possible, wear clothes more than one time before they go in the laundry.
Get caught up on laundry - need I say more? Never ending. I really don't mind it so much.
Start some selfish knitting - I have some grey cascade 220 laying around that is begging to be used. The only problem - I can't seem to get these socks out of my brain. Before winter ends I am determined to make myself a couple of pairs of cozy house socks, a chunky cowl, a hat that I love, some fingerless mitts (maybe these) and possibly, oooohhh..could I wish for this much??? A warm, huggable, shawl collar grandpa sweater??? We shall see.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Love the socks!!
Fun! Sounds like it will be a good week for you. :) Now you'll have to let us know how it goes. I would LOVE to hear what you cook this week, as well as what kind of schedule you figure out. I just made a new (loose, of course) schedule and I'm loving it. Have a great week!
Post a Comment