–verb (used with object)
1. to provide new vigor and energy by rest, food, etc. (often used reflexively).
2. to stimulate (the memory).
3. to make fresh again; reinvigorate or cheer (a person, the mind, spirits, etc.).
4. to freshen in appearance, color, etc., as by a restorative.
–verb (used with object)
1. to provide
Jodi, Amy, Me, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel
I learned that pose off facebook, from all my friends' daughters' prom pictures.

This past weekend I had the sweet and rare opportunity to go away overnight with 5 very dear girlfriends. I cannot even begin to describe everything our time meant to me - but refreshed seems the most appropriate word to use. Physically, spiritually, intellectually..... refreshed.
We talked, we laughed, we cried, we played, we ate, we drank, we SLEPT, we relaxed. There was much merriment.
We are a unique group in the fact that most of us are homeschooling mamas. I suppose we were probably delusional in thinking that we might get around to the games, the books, the magazines or the knitting we had brought. We talked and shared most of the time - about homeschooling, the Lord, being mamas, being wives, things we've been learning, ways we are growing, ways we need to grow. I was so encouraged and lifted up. And incredibly thankful - thankful for these women who challenge me, in such positive ways, to be and do better - but more importantly, to abide in God's provision in every area of my life. I learned so much from each one of them in just a couple of days together.
We are already planning our next trip together. *warm fuzzies*
Unfortunately, my camera battery died very early on so I didn't get very many pictures. Here are a few that I captured right after we arrived and one that I stole from Amy. I'm looking forward to seeing more from the other ladies...hint hint.
Amy.
But you could have replaced her with any one of us.
We did a lot of laying around.
But you could have replaced her with any one of us.
We did a lot of laying around.
I suppose I could have asked Rebecca and Amy's permission to post this one.
But why really? That wouldn't have been as much fun.
But why really? That wouldn't have been as much fun.
Please somebody!!
Do something about my hair! I'm desperate.
Ps. I know I said it before, but seriously! I have the rockinest hubby around. Not only did he take the kids to a parade all by himself on Saturday morning but when I got home (at 1:45 a.m... long story) I found the whole house clean including a cleared and scrubbed refrigerator and he had found the missing dinosaur magnet from the preschool theme kit that needs to be returned to the library. Muah! I love you J.J.


3 comments:
LOVE IT!!! I am working on the pictures.
I can not believe you posted a pic of me in my swim suit. But you know what? I look ok for a lady (and wow, so does Rebecca) who has birthed FIVE babies in NINE years! (7 for Rebecca)
I love your recap. I loved our weekend. I love you. I'm still smiling from it all.
YAY! It even *looks* refreshing- laying around and swimming. I figured you wouldn't get to the knitting and reading so much-- not with all those girls to talk to!!!
Yes! What a blessing this time was!!
And I am glad you did a little cropping, Cutzi.
I want to know what I am doing in that jumping picture... running from the crab pots we set? Why do I look like that?
Post a Comment